Error code 470402 when trying to buy a phone online.

Error code 470402 when trying to buy a phone online.

I have been trying to purchase a certified used Galaxy S7 Edge in Silver for the last 4 days. Every time I submit my billing information, it is rejected with ; Your purchase attempt has been declined. Try a different payment method to complete your purchase. Contact your bank for more information associated with the decline. (470402)

I have read through the forums. I made sure I was logged into my account, I made sure my billing and shipping address were identical to those of all FOUR cards, both Visa and Mastercard that I attempted to process my order with. I verified my address was on USPS.com. I cleared cache and cookies. I attempted to purchase on my phone, then on my laptop on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I called customer service. I finally got through to a real person who told me to call my bank. I entered into a 3 way call with Chase and Boost. Chase verified that no block was on my account, I was free to make purchases, and my billing information was correct and that the problem is with Boost. After Chase was excused from the call I was put on hold for ages until I was transferred to tech support, and the woman who answered was hostile and told me the problem was with my bank. She talked over me and refused to listen to the fact that I had just had a 3 way conversation with Boost and my bank. I am fed up.

I have been a Boost customer for over 5 years. If I cannot upgrade my phone, tomorrow I am going back to Sprint. You need to be aware of this issue, and the complete and utter lack of customer service in regards to it. Being unable to process payments through your Merchant portal is crippling to any business. Please address the issue.

11 REPLIES 11
Agent

Re: Error code 470402 when trying to buy a phone online.

Hi there FrustratedUser9. I am sorry you're having this issue. The error your are experiencing usually means we are having some technical difficulties at the time of purchase and should try again alter. If you are still having an issue, we would like to give it a try it on our end and assist with the purchase. Just let me know if that is still the case.

I've been having this problem for days. Reading through similar posts with people having the same issue, others have been having the same problem for weeks. So when you say try later, how much later? Try again next year?
Agent

Al right I see FrustratedUser9. Can you please send me a private message so we can discuss this further? I would like to help.

Hello.
My account is also set up to auto charge my card monthly, and that payment still successfully processed this morning. This is the same card I originally tried to purchase the phone with, so there is no block on my bank's end. Can you help?
Agent

Sure we would like to try in our end. Can you please send me a private message so we can d better assist you? Just go to the top of my profile, click on it and you'll see the option for private message.

Enthusiast

I'm having the exact same problem and I have tried everything as well including calling the bank on a 3 way call. Was it ever resolved? I'm already considering different carriers.
Highlighted

They called me yesterday, they tried to run the payment themselves and it didn't work. They admitted the problem was with Boost and not my bank as I went ahead and tried 2 different cards. They told me to try again in 48 - 72 hours. It's ridiculous. I'm looking at switching to Verizon. Have you found any decent offers from other carriers?
Enthusiast

Can you please cancel my service?? No one is responding in private message!

i am also having the same code come up at time of purchase could you assist me as well?