Error code 470402 when trying to buy a phone online.

Highlighted

Error code 470402 when trying to buy a phone online.

I have been trying to purchase a certified used Galaxy S7 Edge in Silver for the last 4 days. Every time I submit my billing information, it is rejected with ; Your purchase attempt has been declined. Try a different payment method to complete your purchase. Contact your bank for more information associated with the decline. (470402)

I have read through the forums. I made sure I was logged into my account, I made sure my billing and shipping address were identical to those of all FOUR cards, both Visa and Mastercard that I attempted to process my order with. I verified my address was on USPS.com. I cleared cache and cookies. I attempted to purchase on my phone, then on my laptop on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I called customer service. I finally got through to a real person who told me to call my bank. I entered into a 3 way call with Chase and Boost. Chase verified that no block was on my account, I was free to make purchases, and my billing information was correct and that the problem is with Boost. After Chase was excused from the call I was put on hold for ages until I was transferred to tech support, and the woman who answered was hostile and told me the problem was with my bank. She talked over me and refused to listen to the fact that I had just had a 3 way conversation with Boost and my bank. I am fed up.

I have been a Boost customer for over 5 years. If I cannot upgrade my phone, tomorrow I am going back to Sprint. You need to be aware of this issue, and the complete and utter lack of customer service in regards to it. Being unable to process payments through your Merchant portal is crippling to any business. Please address the issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

i have been trying to purchase a iphone 7 pre owned for the last couple days and i keep getting the 470402 error code and I was wondering how to fix this

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Angelorozco1978! Thanks for contacting us. There are certain requirements in order to process an order successfully. Here are some of them:

* Shipping Address must match the Billing address on the card.
* We do not ship to P.O Boxes.
* Your address should be verified by USPS. Please visit this link: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action and enter your address. If it doesn't show up here, the order won't go through.

Also, if you have tried to purchase the phone several times, while using the same card, your bank may block the transactions. Please confirm these requirements, we'll be waiting for you. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I’m having this problem for the past week been trying to order an iPhone 11 and I tried to separate account even PayPal and it said to contact my bank I contact my bank and there was no issue with the bank they never received a decline and I even called up boost and they still couldn’t do it this is wrong because I ordered two phones and it went thru but now it won’t for the third if this doesn’t get fixed I’m going to a different company I should have to go thru this I’m a loyal customer and I should be able to get what I want so someone needs to help me boost Mobile needs to fix there problem with this issue because it’s not the banks it’s your syster
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Ahall, Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for this experience. Can you please send us a Private Message with your order number? 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.