Charges reversed from debit card payment when ordering online, or through tech support.

Accomplice

Charges reversed from debit card payment when ordering online, or through tech support.

I have attempted to order a Boost phone through my regular account twice. Each time I see the charges are reversed and I get a message on the Boost webpage telling me to call a number to order the phone. Actually, there are two numbers to call. One of the phone numbers has a recording that says it is no longer working. Wow, I'm trying to order a phone online from a phone company, they can't take my payment, and one of the numbers they give me to call is out of order .... wow ... WOW!

My regular account with Boost mobile has been active for almost two years. A week ago I got an email saying I was unenrolled from autopayment, from re-boost.

When I first opened my Boost account I put it on auto-reBoost so I would get the cumulative additional GB of data. But this month I'm not getting that data because I was unenrolled from auto-reBoost. 

So I called customer support and spent ... AN HOUR ... on the p;hone with customer support. That's my time and my MONEY I'm burning up because Boost has a payment processing system that is apparently full of ... bugs ... or has been hacked.

After I get $15 added to my account to cover the additional GB of data for this month I talk to the same customer care representative and try to order the p;hone through them. The card is declined.

This is THE SAME debit card I have been using to pay my account for almost TWO ... YEARS !

I don't like spending my time, (unbilled and unpayed), to fix Boost's absurd and ridiculous problems.

If Boost is doing this same thing to a lot of people, (unenrolling them from ReBoost), that's a lot of GB of data that people are not getting and that's not fair, it's a fraud. And for me to have to call in to fix it is just absurd ... absurd.

Boost is a big company, they are all grown up now ... a big boy ... they shouldn't be having these ridiculous problems, so simple.

If I cannot order a new phone online with the same debit card I pay my account ReBoost with, the same debit card I've been using for TWO YEARS ... that's crazy, I mean ... you people have to fix this.

10 REPLIES
Accomplice

Re: Charges reversed from debit card payment when ordering online, or through tech support.

WOW ! I just checked my email and AGAIN I have been unenrolled from Auto Payment even though I worked for AN HOUR ... AN HOUR ... with a customer care representative who told me they had this fixed.

I'm not getting paid for fixing your problems, I expect some sort of communication from somebody in this community to fix this NOW.

Accomplice

Re: Charges reversed from debit card payment when ordering online, or through tech support.

I am having a problem as well with one of my lines being kicked out of auto-reboost or not reflecting the $5 discount that has been grandfathered in to people who enrolled years ago. I got a text message that said thank you for making two on time payments.. you are on your way to more data... I have been paying on time (auto reboost) for two years.  Their site has a lot of glitches.  And you do end up spending hours with customer service (either on hold, with someone who can't help you, or through emails that do not offer resolution).  Have you used any other prepaid non-contract carriers prior to Boost?  I am wondering if this is normal.  Good luck!

Accomplice

Wow ... Robot Sad ... that really sucks to hear that, sorry you and so many people are having problems.

Our government has sold itself to the corporations, there is just so little competition among these big players and their ultra-rich executives all collude together to price fix ... etc ...

Virginmobile has totally fallen apart as they killed our android phones about a month ago, they are going pure iPhone and no longer selling android phones even though when you login to your account you can still get to the pages where they sell phones, and order one, and get the charges reversed ... exactly like Boostmobile's site.

Actually, the web interface for virginmobile's phone purchasing pages and Boostmobile's are exactly the same, and I'm having exactly the same problems after being a customer with Vmobile for over five years and Boost for two years. I've been using exactly the same debit card ... but now they want to steal my extra data and don't want to sell me a new phone.

It really is a shame but at least the low level people who have to solve all of these problems have a job. I should send them a bill for $125 per hour for consultation for kicks. This really is a time burner and a money burner.

Cheap prepaid contracts are great but if you have to spend hours online and with their customer service fixing their problems, in the long run, paying more with better service is a much better option.

Agent

Hi there seniorcitizen. We would like to confirm and verify the issue that you are experiencing. Please send us a private message with the details, and we’ll get this thing figured out. Victor21

Agent

Hi there seniorcitizen. I am a Social Media representative for Boost Mobile. We try to provide a line of service to customer that post their concerns. We (I) came across your statements regarding auto pay and that you have contacted customer service. We verify if all policies and guide lines are met in situations like this to insure or customers were handled accordingly. We try to help as best as possible, but we do have policies to uphold. I understood that you continue to be removed from Auto Payment for some reasons. Have you made and changes to your account? Plans, features? Victor21

Accomplice

So you're job is to verify if all policies and guidelines are met, your function is to insure that internal corporate policy has been carried out by your employees and contractors, I understand.

So I'm helping you to do your job? You get paid, and I pay money to Boost to help Boost get the job done? Is that about right?

I don't see how I am going to profit from this, I don't see what is in this for me.

1. I need my account to be fixed so that it will stop cancelling my Auto Payment.
2. I need to order a phone from the Boostmobile online store.

Both of these things require that your system accept the debit card that it has recently begun to reject, both of these things require that you, or one of your associates have the ability to make administrative changes to your payment system and I doubt very much that you have that ability.

This first question that you are asking me:

"Have you made and changes to your account? Plans, features?"

You are beginning your solution process by assuming that the customer is at fault. You are young, I understand.
But your customer has already given you two important pieces of information that indicate your payment processing system or your online store is at fault or buggy.

I don't think you are approaching a possible solution in a logical manner. You don't have any control over what I do to my account, and you should not be dependent on what I do in my own account for your solution.

You might have some control over Boostmobiles's processes, and that's where you should start, not by assuming the customer has done something to cause the problem.

Don't assume the customer caused the problem, it makes you look like you have no control over the situation, and if you have no control, then you have no solution. Step back and think about this for a few days until you realize Boost is to blame for their system failures.

Typing all of this out takes a lot of time, and time is money. I've already spent time on the phone on several occassions with customer support and technical support.

Why should I continue to spend time explainig this to you? WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?

What do I get out of solving your problem for you?

Agent

We’d love to explain this further. No assumptions are being made. Please note, we have not request any of your account information to be able to go into your account and verify the status and transactions that had occurred. We would have control of the situation when we have all the information and details to be able to determine our next step. The request about the changes is not a blame, those are tasks that if done to the account may cause changes on other features. Unfortunately through these channels we need your help to provide the information needed. We do apologize if our questions or request are an inconvenience. Thank you. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Victor,

Sir, I am losing my patience with you and your attempt to communicate with me about this issue.

I need for you to LIST, make list of the information you need from me. It seems to me that you do not have a "system" a number of logical steps to go through to solve a customer's complaints.

You ask for details, you ask for information but I have typed a LOT of information. I have told you specifically, in detail what I need.

What do you not understand about my problem. Really, sir, you are not making any sense.

Accomplice

YOU: We’d love to explain this further.

ME: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Explain further, do this now, stop wasting time.

YOU: No assumptions are being made. 

YOU: Please note, we have not request any of your account information to be able to go into your account and verify the status and transactions that had occurred.

ME: Then how will you possibly satisfy your need for details? Do you sir expect me to type several thousand words explaining every detail of my account AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN?

YOU: We would have control of the situation when we have all the information and details to be able to determine our next step.

ME: Again sir, WHAT DETAILS AND INFORMATION DO YOU NEED ... other than what I have already typed to you?

YOU: The request about the changes is not a blame, those are tasks that if done to the account may cause changes on other features.

ME: The only way you could possible begin to understand anything about this problem, sir, is to access my account and look at the history of the account and the notes made in the account. I've worked customer jobs before. I was a manager of a customer service group for a computer company. The only way you can be effective is to look at my account and look at the transactions that have occurred. You are likek a blind man with no hands who is hungry. You can smell the food, but you cannot find it or eat it. You are trying my patience.

YOU: Unfortunately through these channels we need your help to provide the information needed. We do apologize if our questions or request are an inconvenience. Thank you.

ME:  Your questions are extremely HUGE and LARGE and involve a lot of information. The transactions in my account are between me and Boostmobile, there are TWO SIDES to the transactions, you must look at both, I have only limited information and all of that is in my account, I'm not going to type all that information for you.

You are going to LIST, makek a list, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... like we did in school when we were children, a LIST of things you need from me. And I'm telling you, all of that will be in my account. Why you need me to tell you what you can see in my account, I do not think you ... are "THINKING" effectively.

What is your plan?

I want to you read again, EVERYTHING that I have typed her, all of the things, every entry and you will see I have already given you the information, what the problem is. You cannot solve this problem not knowing my account and not looking into my account.

Your tech support division, and you cusomter service division were NOT ABLE to solve this problem and they were looking into my account. How can you possibly think that you will be able to solve this problem without looking at my account?

Are you joking?