Charged but no order confirmation

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Charged but no order confirmation

I tried to order an iphone 6 online last week and was given an error message when I checked out. The money was taken out of my bank account immediately, but I never received an email confirmation/order number/etc. It’s now been 5 days and I haven’t received any kind of correspondence.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there! If the transaction was declined or failed, we did not take the payment. What you are seeing on your bank account is an authorization. This is a common bank practice handling credit card transactions to ensure sufficient funds and account authenticity. An authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the merchant clears the transaction (also called settlement), or the hold "falls off." Debit card authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again) anywhere from 1–5 days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy. Credit card holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Sonyarae491. So sorry about the trouble! We'd love to assist. Just to confirm, did you check your Spam/Junk folder? Most of the times, our e-mails go to that folder.

Highlighted
Groupie

I did check my spam/junk folder and there was nothing from Boost. When I had tried to place the order, I received an error message saying to try again because something went wrong. So I tried to place the order again and I got a message saying to wait and check my bank account to make sure I wasn't double charged. So I checked my account and I was charged once, but I never received an order confirmation or order number. I checked the page later and the phone was still in my shopping cart as if I had never checked out. 

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there! If the transaction was declined or failed, we did not take the payment. What you are seeing on your bank account is an authorization. This is a common bank practice handling credit card transactions to ensure sufficient funds and account authenticity. An authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the merchant clears the transaction (also called settlement), or the hold "falls off." Debit card authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again) anywhere from 1–5 days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy. Credit card holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

Im having the same issues with my phone. Money was taken off my debit card to purchase this phone. They sent me an order confirmation but I checked the status today and it said cancelled, but the money was taken out of my account. How do I get them to ship my phone?
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Kyeshas. Sorry to hear that! We'd love to assist you. Can you send us a private message with your order key number to review this further?

Highlighted
Groupie

what if the money does not go back onto my card after the 5 days because i am having this same problem

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there sydjurik. Did you receive an order number and when did you paced the order? Victor21 

Highlighted
Groupie

I did not and i placed the order on wednesday night it said there was an error but it still took the money off my account

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please send us a private message with the name that you used to place the order and if you have a current Boost Mobile account, please send us the phone number and pin code as well. Victor21