Can't use account balance to purchase phone? Why?

Groupie

Can't use account balance to purchase phone? Why?

I have an existing account balance from all of the times customer service has screwed up. I'd like to use this account balance to purchase another phone.

I certainly don't want to waste that account balance to pay my bill because I am on autopay and I don't want to use it on services that I don't need.

Alternatively, why can't Boost send me a check instead of holding that balance ad infinitum?

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Can't use account balance to purchase phone? Why?

Hi there, @98awd. Unfortunately, account balances are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or refundable.

Groupie

Well thanks for answering the question.

However, why can't boost use that account balance to intelligently reduce the amount that I am paying via autopay for one month?

In light of all the difficulties that I have had with Boost over the years, I am afraid to make a manual payment with a reduced amount and then remove autopay for any period of time. I have had terrible experiences articulated in my other thread by doing that.

If it is "my" account credit, then I'd expect that you'd take every reasonable step to let me have it. 

Agent

We understand your concern, @98awd. Please send us a private message to take a look at the account.