Can I just put my old sim card in with my new phone and use it?

Go to solution
Enthusiast

Re: Can I just put my old sim card in with my new phone and use it?

I'm having that kind of issue also. Boost sold me a certified iphone 7 plus off their website that is locked by sprint. The phone was giving me an invalid SIM issue.. I took the device to apple, they replaced it free of charge, thinking it may be a problem on their end. The new device has the same issues. Apple called boost and they said its locked until the year 2099, and they (Boost) sent me a new SIM card, saying it would fix the issue. I waited past the end of return date for the Sim card, I got it, and same issue. Invalid SIM, SIM locked. This is not a device issue as this is a new replacement apple device at this point. Ive also spent 12+ hours talking to Sprint, and boost mobile customer care. Sprint told me, in order to Unlock the device, I need to retrieve the old owner's personal info, which boost obviously wont give me.. Now i'm stuck with a 400 dollar phone that Boost wont fix... So rediculous!!

Agent

That’s definitely not okay. Really sorry to hear that, @askisaiah. We definitely want to look into this for you. To further research, please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI of the replacement handset, and the ICCID (SIM card numbers).

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".  

Enthusiast

So I got an iPhone that was locked on att, but I requested an unlock and they approved it. But when I try switching over to it, it won’t work. Help?

Hey there, Chago42! I apologize for the delay in answering. What is the model of your iPhone? There is also a number that starts with an A under the IMEI number on the back, can you please provide me that number as well? 

What if you don’t have your old phone with you?
Agent

Hello, botellonathanie. If you do not have your old phone, you can click here to log into your account and swap devices.

Accomplice

I bought a phone off of someone else and it came with no sim card and the system says its still active on an account. But they were given the phone as a present and dont know any of the information to deactivate it! Is there some possible way to be able to use the sim card out of my phone I am currently using and putting it in the new one?

Agent

Hello, SPhilabaum18. Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use the phone without a compatible SIM card, nor deactivate it without the account information.

If you have any other question or concern, just let us know. We're here to help!

Accomplice

So basically I bought a phone that cant ever be used? Theres no way to be able to get it to work at all?? Cause I really like the phone and just paid a lot of money for it
Agent

You would need to be able to provide the phone number and pin code for the account associated with your phone in order for us to assist you with this. Otherwise, there's nothing we can do.