Can I just put my old sim card in with my new phone and use it?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Accomplice

Can I just put my old sim card in with my new phone and use it?

I'm a current US Boost mobile phone user and I was wondering can I just put my current boost mobile sim card in my new phone and just use it that I order and waiting for it to arrive. I went to a Boost mobile store and ask them this question and they was like I can't. I would have to create a new account and pay my first monthly bill all over again and pay for the activation fee and total of that would be 85 dollars. 55 dollars for my first month. I don't know why they charge me extra 5 when I pay my phone bill at the store and 30 dollars for a activation fee. Am I being lied to? Maybe I should switch carrier even though I really love Boost Mobile. I thought it be free.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Can I just put my old sim card in with my new phone and use it?

Hiya,
So you are correct that you can not just swap SIM cards and expect your phone to work. Swapping SIM cards is a feature to GSM providers and CDMA carriers you must add the phones ESN/IMEI to your account. Don't worry the process is super easy.

When you get your new phone just go to the website and use the active link on the top right of the page.
https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home
And choose I am a current customer and I want to swap Boost Mobile devices. And follow the prompts and you will be good to go. Oh, you should make sure you old phone is powered off before starting.

There is no activation fee if you are activatibg a new never used Boost Phone. Boost does charge a 're-activation' fee if you are activating a used device that has been previsouly actived before.
Yes, there is a convenience fee for paying cash in store. Matter fact stores charge for just about everything , even the phone reps you would call charge a fee for assisting you. There is no charge for self service options if you do at the website.
Hope that helps.
If more question do reply.

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!
2 REPLIES
Guru

Hiya,
So you are correct that you can not just swap SIM cards and expect your phone to work. Swapping SIM cards is a feature to GSM providers and CDMA carriers you must add the phones ESN/IMEI to your account. Don't worry the process is super easy.

When you get your new phone just go to the website and use the active link on the top right of the page.
https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home
And choose I am a current customer and I want to swap Boost Mobile devices. And follow the prompts and you will be good to go. Oh, you should make sure you old phone is powered off before starting.

There is no activation fee if you are activatibg a new never used Boost Phone. Boost does charge a 're-activation' fee if you are activating a used device that has been previsouly actived before.
Yes, there is a convenience fee for paying cash in store. Matter fact stores charge for just about everything , even the phone reps you would call charge a fee for assisting you. There is no charge for self service options if you do at the website.
Hope that helps.
If more question do reply.

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!
Accomplice

Thank you! Help me out a little...