Buying new phone while on contract

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Buying new phone while on contract

So I’m currently still on a contract paying monthly on my IPhone 8 but I’ve been wanting to upgrade so I went in boost Mobile online and paid full on the iPhone 11 without boost up payments since I’m currently already doing that with my iPhone 8 but I was wondering if Boost will still allow me to buy the IPhone 11 without finishing my contract yet and will they cancel my order because of it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Once a customer enters an BoostUP! Installment Agreement, the loan must be paid back in full. If you want to purchase another new phone, you must pay for it in full at the time of purchase and can not have a second Installment Agreement. Meanwhile, the existing loan remains active and monthly payments are still due. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Cupcakeuni121. Thanks for contacting us. The BoostUP! contract shouldn't affect the new order since you paid the full price for it. Anyways, the current contract will still be attached to the line until it's paid off. If you have any other questions, just let us know. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Will I be able to switch my number over to the new phone once it comes in and just pay the IPhone 8 by itself and put my plan on the new phone
Highlighted
Agent

Yes. You should be able to swap phones to the new device and continue paying for the BoostUP! contract.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

So I’ll only have to pay the 30 something dollars for the IPhone 8 itself instead of the full 75 dollars because that phone will no longer be on anymore
Highlighted
Agent

Once a customer enters an BoostUP! Installment Agreement, the loan must be paid back in full. If you want to purchase another new phone, you must pay for it in full at the time of purchase and can not have a second Installment Agreement. Meanwhile, the existing loan remains active and monthly payments are still due. 

View solution in original post