Boost Service Needs A Boost....

Enthusiast

Boost Service Needs A Boost....

I recently purchased a phone threw BoostUp paid the down payment and taxes on the phone and it was shipped. I tracked the phone all the way to the FedEx facility in my area and it sat there for a day then was shipped back to Boost saying that fraud was suspected. It was shipped to me in a day but somehow it's taken a month to be shipped back...bull**bleep**...I've talked to numerous people on the phone threw email threw text and nobody can tell me what's going on..,nothing...seven days the money was suppose to be refunded to the card.....why would I be trying to get the money refunded back to the card if it was fraudulenty used...bull**bleep**...on top of all that I'm having to pay an extra 10 a month until the issue is resolved...going on two months now..but still nobody can help me with this problem...So I would say that the customer service is as poor as the service in this area...
1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Boost Service Needs A Boost....

Hi there! We're sorry for the inconvenience. Allow us to investigate. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you.