$5 Charge for "Juega Ya"; How do I cancel this?

Highlighted

$5 Charge for "Juega Ya"; How do I cancel this?

I received a text message today thanking me for signing up for "Juega Ya"  and that if I wish to continue service $55 is due.  It is a bit ridiculous to have a support forum and every single similar issue is resolved in a private DM. It should not be convoluted to cancel a service I never authorized in the first place.  A phone number and a 4 digit pin is a pretty ridiculous authentication method. 

I'll be waiting patiently for a direct message on how to cancel an add-on, seeing as "manage addons" on the dashboard only allows me to buy more and all support posts are resolved in a DM. 

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Agent

Hello ff. We understand your frustration. Please keep in mind that you can send a private message to any of our agents at any time. Our shared inbox ensures that you receive a reply as soon as possible. We'd need to switch to private messaging due to the nature of the request, as we'll need to handle your account info.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Groupie

I received alerts this morning that both of my accounts signed up for $5 Juega Ya and it will be on my next bill. I did NOT authorize these charges and I do NOT want them on my bill. Explain how to cancel and remove these charges. 

Highlighted

We're terribly sorry about this, If you want to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to private message me.

Highlighted

I too got the same message last week, i had no idea what Juega Ya was other than it was going to cost me $5 a month.  I finally got ahold of a chat customer service, I asked what it was and why I was being charged $5.  He came back and told me it was removed from my account.  No explanation, I asked again and got no response.  Pretty sneaky way to do business.  Boost must need some cash flow

Highlighted

So pleased I saw your comment and would like to add further detail. We recived a text tonight advising the same as you two have shown. Called Boost and were told it was an educational app that had been added. Then 5 minutes of smoke up are ... Then was told it started in June and we have been being charged since. Asked to escalate the call. They then came back and said were removing all charges. 

Here is the sneaky part. Why didn't we catch it we are on a plan right so should be the same each month. Happens that I upgraded my phone in June. My wife who pays the bill assumed it was an additional charge for that. 

Seems very intentinonal and misleading. Just what I want from a service provider that I am giving money to..

Highlighted
Groupie

Me too and I want this off of my phone. I didnt authorize payments for that
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Hayhayhay. Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Groupie

I woke up to the same message from Boost this morning. I'm also on a family plan, with my teen grandson, so assumed he'd done something shady. Asked him, and he has no idea where this came from. Super irritating that Boost is allowing this when it's happened without authorization to so many. Their policy in this case should be to require a verification from the customer before adding it, rather than requiring the customer to contact Boost to get it removed.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! If you'd like to remove services from your account, feel free to send us a private message.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.