Wi-Fi Calling

Go to solution
Highlighted

Wi-Fi Calling

I have an HTC One A9 running Nougat 7.0. "Wi-Fi Calling" shows up in my settings, but I can't find how to turn it on. What do I need to do to make that function work? Thank you!

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Accomplice

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Accomplice

If they try to lock me to them there will be a quick call to FCC. That's a NO NO. I purchased a Factory unlocked phone and actually AT&T tried it. It didn't work for them and I guarantee it's not going to for Boost either. They have been lying to the consumer for a long time. The biggest joke was when I asked the difference between the SIM card from one store versus the one they sent me to another store for was. Well you'll be 5G ready. I almost crapped myself trying not to laugh. I'll be dead and gone when and if Boost gets 5G.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Report it to FCC. If your phone is paid off or you do not owe Boost or any other carrier for that fact, they have to unlock the device that they should not have locked.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Are you replying to the correct thread ? I am usually good about a ollowing trains of thoughts , but don't see what you are responding to ...
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you for catching that. I've been so busy and did not pay attention. It was meant for the another poster.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've done the same thing 😉
Highlighted
Accomplice

I specifically asked the manager at the Boost store if I can use wifi to make calls at home since I know I am in a poor reception area . Asking her several times , I was told I could use wifi .... I asked her several times if I couldn't get reception at home if I could bring the phones back for a full refund and the said yes everytime with me having to return them within 7 days . When I brought the stuff back on the 7th day , she told me they never refund , only exchange if the phones were defective . I don't think the gal intentionally lied , just didn't understand or speak English well enough to understand ☹️