Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Wi-Fi Calling

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Wi-Fi Calling

Furthermore, Boost needs to stop locking phones that are not under contract. I purchased an iPhone 6 from a third party.  It was a free and clear Sprint phone. I only bought it because Boost agents assured me that I would be able to get WiFi calling.  We now know this was a lie. Now Boost won’t unlock the phone so that I can go to Sprint which does offer WiFi calling.  I see a class action suit here. 

Highlighted

This was in a email I got from boost.

Please be advised that boost mobile offers wifi calling but we
have only list of supported device and we regret to inform you that you
device is not yet included in the list
Highlighted
Agent

Hello Wirehunter,  we do not support  Wi-Fi calling.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

It is the Boost agents that are the ones erroneously informing customers that an upgrade to a phone with WiFi calling features will allow WiFi calling on their current Boost plan.  Then, customers such as myself, go and purchase a very expensive cell phone that works on the Sprint/Boost network.  Only after purchasing and trying to get this promised WiFi calling does customer service change it’s story and says thatit is not actually offered by Boost. So now, customers like me, try to get the phone service switched to a Sprint account only to be told that the phone is locked by Boost and that Boost will not unlock the phone until there is 12 months of service.  I did not purchase the phone from Boost or Sprint. It’s a free and clear Apple phone.  So I have wasted all this money and time and am stuck with a ohone that cannot be connected to ANY service because the lack of service where I live requires WiFi calling. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

NEVER rely on agents on the phone, unless you're recording it legally.  ALWAYS transact by email so you have an electronic trail of what was said and offered.

Highlighted
Accomplice

To Cara "AGENT"-
With all due respect, YOU stated in your comment that "Wi-Fi was not available to prepaid devices" and I am curious to know if u are referring to ALL prepaid devices bcuz I know for a fact that METRO PCS has offered Wi-Fi calling for several years now (at least 5 years!).

Please know your facts prior to posting them for others to hang on to as truth. When u don't, it causes people to have issues (not unlike the OP). Let's be part of the solution instead of the problem. Thank u!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Get a hold of FTC, I  had to do it.

Accomplice

Hi , is this still the case ? just started with Bost today and cell reception is terrible at my home . I have 3 motor E5 plus . going to have to return everything unless i can get more than 1 bar at home . dropped several calls already 😞

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Champy1! Thanks for contacting us. Before continue, we'd like to make you aware that our company does not supports Wi-Fi Calling. Regarding your other issue, can you please provide us with your nearest cross street address and zip code? That way we can check this for you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

old herald harbor rd  21032 . sunrise beach rd & old herald harbor is closest intersection . Thanks