Upgrade phone

Go to solution

Upgrade phone

So I went to my local Boost store and told the rep I wanted to upgrade to a newer phone. The deal was $100 off for an upgrade. I ended up buying the Stylo 2 for 149.99. Days later I see the same phone at best buy for $159.00 and no plan. Where does the $100 discount come from? What a racket!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade phone

The Upgrade promo in-store is supposed to read UP TO $150 OFF WHEN YOU QUALIFY FOR AN UPGRADE. It's definitely true but its not applied to every phone and the discounts vary depending on the device you to buy. For example, The iphone 5s is $300 SRP but if you visit a store you qualify for a PROMO UPGRADE, You get the iPhone 5s for $150 + tax {$150 discount}; The LG Stylo is $200 SRP but if you qualify for an upgrade, You get it for $100 {$100 discount}. There will be times where it may be cheaper to get the phones at BestBuy or Walmart or Boostmobile.com cus they are allowed to sell the same phones at cheaper prices. In Most cases, If you qualify for an upgrade, Its usually cheaper to buy at the Boost Retailer. You can use the other options as a last resort if you dont qualify for an upgrade. The way to qualify for a PROMO UPGRADE is to have your number active on a Phone for 120 days or 4 months without switching to a different device

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Accomplice

The $100 Discount Is If Ur Switching From Another Carrier...And Only At BoostMobile Stores...
[ATLANTIC1970]
Accomplice

The $100 Discount Is If Ur Switching From Another Carrier...And Only At Boost Mobile Stores...
[ATLANTIC1970]

No, after you have been with boost for a period of time, they offer you an upgrade discount. Look at the website for details.

Never mind...answered my own question with that link...only iPhone and Samsung phones

The Upgrade promo in-store is supposed to read UP TO $150 OFF WHEN YOU QUALIFY FOR AN UPGRADE. It's definitely true but its not applied to every phone and the discounts vary depending on the device you to buy. For example, The iphone 5s is $300 SRP but if you visit a store you qualify for a PROMO UPGRADE, You get the iPhone 5s for $150 + tax {$150 discount}; The LG Stylo is $200 SRP but if you qualify for an upgrade, You get it for $100 {$100 discount}. There will be times where it may be cheaper to get the phones at BestBuy or Walmart or Boostmobile.com cus they are allowed to sell the same phones at cheaper prices. In Most cases, If you qualify for an upgrade, Its usually cheaper to buy at the Boost Retailer. You can use the other options as a last resort if you dont qualify for an upgrade. The way to qualify for a PROMO UPGRADE is to have your number active on a Phone for 120 days or 4 months without switching to a different device

Accomplice

i was thinking the same thing...i have the galaxy s3 bought it at best buy 2 years ago in good shape not sure if the s4 or 5 or J7 what is the difference please help will be upgrading soon thanksSmiley Happy

pamela bolling

I do know that with the S4, S5, and J7 , you will get the same amount of internal storage (16GB) and about 2GB  of RAM. You also get better camera on all 3 phone (13MP Rear Camera for the S4 and J7; 16MP for the S5). The J7 also has a 5.5in display while the other 2 have a 5in display. J7 does a have a 5MP front camera w/ front LED flash, however, it does not have a notification light. You can, however, install and app (Flash Alert 2) that can utilize the front LED flash as a notification light. And then the S5 comes equipped with a Fingerprint Scanner and Heart Rate Sensor.

If you qualify for and upgrade, in-store you can buy the:

Galaxy S4 for $179.99 (SRP: $329.99) 

Galaxy S5 for $399.99 (SRP:  $499.99)

Galaxy J7 for $229.99

Accomplice

thank you

pamela bolling