TRANSFER PHOTOS & TEXTS TO NEW DEVICE.

Go to solution

TRANSFER PHOTOS & TEXTS TO NEW DEVICE.

Is there any way I can import my photos texts to my new phone.  I had to update my contacts myself and also I am having trouble seeing videos on my new phone.  Never had problems with my LG  before this.  New phone is a Huawei.....

Thanks

Judy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Promoter

Re: TRANSFER PHOTOS & TEXTS TO NEW DEVICE.

Yup, theres actually one way possible, and its if in your previous LG cellphone you where having a Google/GMail account put it, because Google actually make the sync of your contacts/photos/apps so if you get a new cellphone, in your case your Huawei, u just have to put in the same Google/GMail account that you were having attached on the previous cellphone, the device automatically will make the sync of your previous contacts/photos/apps that you were having before, to take care of the issue of the videos i recomend you to check that your WiFi is off, your data is on and press ##72786# on the dialpad so the device can make a refresh of the network

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Promoter

Yup, theres actually one way possible, and its if in your previous LG cellphone you where having a Google/GMail account put it, because Google actually make the sync of your contacts/photos/apps so if you get a new cellphone, in your case your Huawei, u just have to put in the same Google/GMail account that you were having attached on the previous cellphone, the device automatically will make the sync of your previous contacts/photos/apps that you were having before, to take care of the issue of the videos i recomend you to check that your WiFi is off, your data is on and press ##72786# on the dialpad so the device can make a refresh of the network

View solution in original post

Thanks,

I got internet ok.   I got emails because same gmail account is attached.  But no contacts, photos, texts. 

Not sure how to turn data off?

Promoter

Hmm... You still have the previous LG with you? Because if you have it we can try to go to Settings → Accounts & Sync → Google → Tap on your account → And you need to check that all the checkmarks are enabled on the LG, then, you make the same process again on the Huawei

Promoter

Sometimes the Mobile Data is under "Mobile Networks" or "Data usage"

Groupie

If you want to transfer data between android and android, there're many android data transfer apps could help, it could transfer data between android device and computer in few steps.
You can transfer data from one phone to computer first, then connect the other one to computer and import contacts from computer to it.

how to backup text messages android

Enthusiast

The most direct way to transfer data between phones is to use phone transfer. However you can also backup your old phone data and restore them on new phone.

Enthusiast

Werfkjl wrote:

The most direct way to transfer data between phones is to use phone transfer. However you can also backup your old phone data and restore them on new phone.

You can learn form here on how to backup text messages android to pc

For photos, how to transfer photos from android phone to computer

Groupie

Werfkjl wrote:

You can use your Google account to sync soem of the data. And for other data, you can also use phone transfer tools to transfer.