System Update 4/30/2019

Go to solution
Groupie

System Update 4/30/2019

Boost sent a message to my phone, a Sanyo Innuendo. It's something about a scheduled device Network update on 4/30/2019. that will impact my device due to its age and model. The message won't load on my phone, so I had them  re-send it. It still won't load. Did anyone else get this message, and can you let me know what it says? Are they recommending I get a new phone? Thanks, anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: System Update 4/30/2019

Sounds good! If you have any other question or concern, just let us know. We're here for you!

22 REPLIES 22
Agent

Hi, GeneInLa! Thanks for contacting us. As we continue to enhance our network with improved features and functionalities for our customers, we’ve identified several customers with very aged devices. These devices are 6+ years old and have certificates that will soon be expiring, which will mean that they cannot access our provisioning servers to obtain PRL/roaming updates, facilitate ESN swaps, activate, etc.

Groupie

Thanks for the reply. I found a concurrent email from Boost that explains what I missed.
Agent

Sounds good! If you have any other question or concern, just let us know. We're here for you!

Accomplice

I received the same message. I cannot find any local stores that are willing to honor this promotion. I now have an offer that I cannot redeem and a phone that will lose some or all functionality in a few months. How do I upgrade to the free phone offered? Why can this not be purchased on the boostmobile.com website?

Agent

Hi there, @emuls. The phone is not free, the discounted price for the upgrades is only handled at the Boost Mobile stores. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Accomplice

The text says (and an email confirming from boost customer service) that it is for a phone, with a $15 activation charge. My issue is not the promotion itself. My issue is that there is no way to find a participating BOOST store, locally. This is very poor customer service, to offer a promotion and then be unable to fulfill it. why can the company not have a list of stores (vs. Franchises), and why not offer this as a promo code i can use online?
Agent

Unfortunately, we don't have promo codes for the promotion to be valid online. Sorry for any inconvenience @emuls.

Accomplice

So if there is no boost store that will accept this promotion locally (and i have been checking within a 30 mile or more radius), then I am just out of luck? Boost says my phone may not operate starting in May and then just leaves us with a worthless (since there us no where to bvb use it!) promotion? That does not jive with the experiences we have had so far with Boost. Too bad.
Agent

We're truly sorry to hear that you feel that way. We remain at your service.