Request form unlock Moto e5 plus

Highlighted
Groupie

Request form unlock Moto e5 plus

I'm interested in unlocking the boot loader for my Moto e5 plus, not for change of service but I'd like to root it so I can put custom roms on. Only thing is I got the phone after Christmas so it hasn't been on my (6+ years) account for the 12 months that are required, is there anyway I can work around this bc I'm not using the unlock to switch services?
See more topics labeled with:
4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Request form unlock Moto e5 plus

Hello, @Rushkid5. Thanks for contacting us. We'll be happy to help. Rooting and unlocking a device are two different actions:

-Unlocking the device, you'll only be able to activate the phone with another carrier's service. 

-Rooting allows you to get around modifications or limitations put in place by the handset manufacturer. However, there is a risk of completely locking the handset, get it damaged, or lose the warranty.

Unfortunately, rooting is not supported by Boost Mobile at any level. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Groupie

Ahhh I understand thank you for the information. Thou I must tell you that your info on boost not supporting root is incorrect as I rooted my Samsung prevail just yesterday as trial and error, unless of course you mean "morally" than my apologies.
Agent

@Rushkid5. Sorry for the confusion. We mean that Boost Mobile doesn't do rooting, un-rooting or other issues that rooting may cause. As well, we can't guarantee you that the device will perform at full capacity after it has been rooted. If you have any other question, just let us know. 

Accomplice

go to motorola web site to unlock bootloader it has instruction on how to do it