Pixel 3 Support

Accomplice

Re: Pixel 3 Support (Not responsive to Users)

If I can be so bold... maybe you should get your Pixel phone and find a carrier that can answer customer questions. This Post has gone on long enough that a Boost rep should have picked it up and ran with it. 

I have been with Boost for a while now... and now I want to purchase a Pixel 3 and have no idea if it will work on the Boost network. Obviously I have no IMEI number to input into Boost's Verification Checked... plus it seems to be a useless and neglected list of Compatible Phones.

A while back I bought my Unlocked Galaxy S8+ from Best Buy... and it took 2-3 of their Phone Reps over 1 hour to get the proper info into the phone so it would work on Boost. The Best Buy reps did their best; but were on the phone with Boost Tech Support and got numerous dead-end suggestions. Finally, a new Best Buy rep walked up to the us; typed in some info; and the phone was connected. Seems like Boost would have been able to handle this on their own and in short order?

Does anybody, Users or Boost Support know if the Pixel 3 will work on their network?

Agent

Hi there, @Pixel 3! Thank you for stopping by. Unfortunately, the Pixel 3 is not compatible with our plans. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Accomplice

@Nosh_CxUx @SpencasaurusRex @drol343 @TWDs NOT GETTING IT. Thank you all for the help & support. Can't even get the galaxy S10+ because of the lack of knowledge, Always behind 

Accomplice

You now seem clear Pixel phones do not work on the Boost network. Why did this simple statement take so long to be posted? I may have missed it somewhere as I am new to this site. I guess we can only assume that your response is correct. Thank you for your quick reply. could you suggest a network I could move to now from Boost? As I want the Pixel 3 more that I want the Boost network. Thanks again for your help
Highlighted
Accomplice

@drol343 if you have the unlocked version you could go to Verizon or AT&T. It's the only 2 that I currently know that supports the pixel 3. Hope this helps.

Accomplice

I bought a Samsung s8 plus from Best Buy... It was a horrible experience from the booth side Betsy's Best buy wraps for great and ask her over an hour they did get my phone setup to work with Boost Mobile.
Accomplice

I bought a Samsung s8 plus from Best Buy... It was a horrible experience from the Boost side.  Best Buy Reps were great and after over an hour they did get my phone setup to work with Boost Mobile.

So sorry for all the typos in the previous reply! 

Accomplice

@drol343 , you can actually activate the Pixel 3 with any carrier with the exception of Boost mobile at the moment. I was on this case since last October when the Pixel 3 XL came out. Sprint also is available for you to activate this phone with. From my insight, I believe that Sprint (who uses the same network as Boost Mobile, a network which under the Google store is compatible with the unlocked version) is not allowing Boost to activate the Pixel due to business purposes. 

Accomplice

Pixel 3 Rep "assured" me that I could activate the Pixel 3 on Boost!?!

3/31/2019   

And the Merry-Go-Round of answers keeps turning!

2 days ago I was taking with Boost Support and they somehow transferred me to Google Pixel 3 Support.

The Google Pixel 3 Rep "assured" me that I could activate the Pixel 3 with any carrier "including" Boost mobile!?!  He said just pull the nano-sim card out of my old phone and insert in the Pixel 3. No muss; no fuss. He did say it must be a nano-sim card.

That was the 2nd Boost Pixel 3 Rep I have talked to in the last week who "assured" me that I could activate the Pixel 3 on Boost Mobile!?!

So what are you thoughts on this? I'm just confused as heck; but how could Google Phone Support get this wrong twice???

I went ahead and ordered a Pixel 3 based on the assurances of the Google Phone Reps as noted above.

Enthusiast

Re: Pixel 3 Rep "assured" me that I could activate the Pixel 3 on Boost!?!

It is awesome that Google T.S. would give you that assurance. Please let everyone know if it works. A Google Pixel phone on Boost would most definitely be a great combination