Network update 4/30/19

Enthusiast

Network update 4/30/19

I received a message from Boost a few weeks ago saying there would be a network update 4/30/19 and my old Sanyo Innuendo phone will have some potential issues after a network update 4/30/19. The message offers a "free" phone, but says a $25 set up fee "may" apply. I checked with some local stores and they do want total fees of $33. I don't see why I should have to pay anything since I'm not the one making the change, it is being forced on me.  In addition, the message says that the device upgrade "may require a rate plan change". Will it or won't it require this rate plan change? Surely this can't be up to the store's discretion.

My current phone and the plan I signed up for meet my needs.  If I need to change my rate plan or my phone no longer functions properly after the network upgrade, I will consider cancelling service. If I do cancel, I would like Boost to refund my current unused plan balance. since Boost is the one that is no longer able to provide the service I signed up for.

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Network update 4/30/19

Hi there, oldboost. Thanks for contacting us.

To better assist you, please send us a private message with a screenshot of the message you received.