Boost Community is undergoing maintenance and is read-only. For assistance, please visit boostmobile.com/contact-us. To manage your account, go to your My Boost app.
Boost Community is undergoing maintenance and is read-only. For assistance, please visit boostmobile.com/contact-us. To manage your account, go to your My Boost app.

Microsoft Windows Surface Go LTE "compatible with network" but "not eligible for activation"

Microsoft Windows Surface Go LTE "compatible with network" but "not eligible for activation"

Device: Microsoft Windows Surface Go LTE

When I enter the IMEI into the box located at the "bring your phone" page, it says "Great News!" and that my device should be fine.

But when I go to actually "activate a device", i get and error message saying "Device does not appear to be eligible for activation."

Anybody have any ideas as to what's going wrong here?

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Hi, LostAndConfuzed. Let's do some investigating. Did you check the list of compatible phones to see if your device is eligible? That phone is not eligible (not on the list). 

Well I have seen several different lists so far, and none of them have matched, and none of them have had the phone I just successfully added to my account. It's only in adding another device to my family plan that I have issues. I have been led to believe in the last few hours of searching for a solution, the answer is "just type the IMEI in the box, the lists don't help."  Also, on "Bring Your Phone" page, none of the links to lists of phones seem to be working currently.

So I trusted the box.

If the page designed to tell me if my device is supported can't be trusted, that would be good to know so I can make other financial arrangements.

Thank you for your quick response =3