HTC 10 not charging?

Highlighted

HTC 10 not charging?

Hi all, having a problem with a HTC 10 I’ve had since January 2018. It didn’t charge last night, I wasn’t sure if it wasn’t plugged in properly or otherwise, so I had a fairly low battery today. I got home with it at 1% and used a friend’s charger which was close at hand (samsung s8 power supply, generic cable). The 10 ran out and the charge symbol came up, no notification light, and the screen went off. I plugged in my own charger (HTC 10 supply, some HP type C cable(which I’ve used for months without problem)). The screen was off but the charge symbol would appear for a small while periodically, eventually it stopped flashing up, and nothing would happen when I pressed any button, power or power + volume combinations. I left it for about an hour, I tried carefully cleaning the port with a toothpick but to no avail. My charger works fine with my pal’s phone.

TL;DR: Plugged in my HTC 10 at 1%, didn’t seem to charge that fast. Charging symbol would come up periodically but soon stopped. Eventually there was no indication at all of it charging. I tried leaving it for a while and scraping dirt out of the port, but still nothing.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: HTC 10 not charging?

Sorry to hear that, JenrasGomes. When did you purchase the phone?