Does Boost Mobile HTC A9 support LTE Band 3 (1800mhz)?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Does Boost Mobile HTC A9 support LTE Band 3 (1800mhz)?

need to make sure does Boost Mobile HTC A9 support LTE Band 3 (1800mhz)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: HTC ONE A9 Coming To Boost Mobile??

The Sprint network, where Boost runs, uses 800, 1900 and 2500. 1800 is a GSM band so while it is supported in the phone, it's not going to give you any signal because Sprint doesn't use it.

Network

• Sprint:CDMA / 4G LTE (Tri-band)
  • International:GSM/UMTS/CDMA Networks (Removable SIM card)
  • Frequency:
    • Network: LTE Band 800 MHz, 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz (Tri-band)
    • CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev A, 800/1900 MHz
      • Sprint network and device combination does notsupport talking and surfing the Web at the same time unless also connected to Wi-Fi.
    • International-capable:Yes, GSM/UMTS/CDMA Networks.
      • This phone can be used when roaming off the Sprint Network.
      • International GSM Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

5 REPLIES

Hello. Please check the information below:

Frequency.

Network: LTE Band 800 MHz, 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz LTE Plus CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev A, 800/1900 MHz

E.J.

Groupie

hmm.. someone from shopcelldeals told me it does support LTE Band 3. thanks for replying.
Community Manager

The Sprint network, where Boost runs, uses 800, 1900 and 2500. 1800 is a GSM band so while it is supported in the phone, it's not going to give you any signal because Sprint doesn't use it.

Network

• Sprint:CDMA / 4G LTE (Tri-band)
  • International:GSM/UMTS/CDMA Networks (Removable SIM card)
  • Frequency:
    • Network: LTE Band 800 MHz, 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz (Tri-band)
    • CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev A, 800/1900 MHz
      • Sprint network and device combination does notsupport talking and surfing the Web at the same time unless also connected to Wi-Fi.
    • International-capable:Yes, GSM/UMTS/CDMA Networks.
      • This phone can be used when roaming off the Sprint Network.
      • International GSM Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Community Manager

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Groupie

So my question is if we own the phone we pretty much are not going to be able to use it unless we're on wi-fi?

Community Manager

rachbmom2 wrote:

So my question is if we own the phone we pretty much are not going to be able to use it unless we're on wi-fi?

No that's not the case at all.  If the device is eligible for activation on Boost you should get signal on the frequencies that Boost mobile uses (800, 1900 and 2500), which I listed above.

An HTC A9 that was previously active on another network or factory unlocked isn't compatible straight out of the box with Boost Mobile.  You might be able to get help from a Boost mobile store location but there are also some tutorials online about it, just Google.  Unfortunately, that isn't something that we can provide instructions to do here on Community.

Community Manager