Coolpad legacy major problems

Highlighted
Groupie

Coolpad legacy major problems

1) system UI freezes
2) won't save new or edited contacts.
3) call log won't updated or disappears completely.
4) no contacts when accessing through phone
5) camera can't take video with out phone freezing.

Absolutely unequivocally the most egregious experience.
See more topics labeled with:
64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there DTucker. There is a 7 days return policy for all purchases back to the place of purchase. When and where did you purchased the phone? 

Highlighted
Groupie

I purchased this from a retailer
Highlighted
Accomplice

You might try updating your phone.  In Play Store, update all the apps.  Also, open the Settings app, go to System / Advanced / System Updates.  Select each item (except the last one UICC Unlock), and perform any needed updates.

My phone seems to be working a bit better after doing that, although it still becomes sluggish (and eventually almost completely unresponsive) after a few days of use.  If I remember to reboot it every day or two, it works pretty well.

Highlighted
Agent

Understood. If its been 7 days or less, you would be able to return it back t the place of purchase. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have tried EVERYthing ok very 3months with. NO resolve..!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Boost Mobile pushed out a software update for this phone yesterday. It will be interesting to see if it improves the stability.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

yeah, mine just got the update today. we'll see if it starts working better.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok, since the latest software update, my phone has been working well for over a week now, without rebooting.  I haven't experienced the lagging and eventual complete unresponsiveness that I was seeing before after 1-2 days of use.  So it looks like Coolpad has finally -- after six months -- fixed the major problems with this phone.

These companies do themselves no favors when they push out products that aren't ready.  Once you develop a reputation for unreliable products, it's very hard to change public perceptions.   

I think that, from now on, this is going to be the great phone that I expected it to be.  But I shouldn't have had to struggle with it for six months to get here.

Highlighted
Groupie

this phone has pissed me off to no end.  My husband bought one from walmart because the moto we bought at boost broke.  The first few days it worked fine and the shut off, meaning that his sim deactivated so we had to reactivate it, then yesterday it quit working again and when it started working again it had changed his number, and now tonight it is not working yet again, and the boost customer care is a joke because every time I try to talk to someone they just end the chat.  hes restarted the phone multiple times as well as factory reset it atleast three times.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

Mine is now working pretty well, after the latest software update.   You might want to make sure that update has been applied.  Go to Settings / System / Advance / System Updates / System Updates (yes, System Updates within System Updates).  Press "Check for update".  If the updates hasn't been applied, that will trigger it.  

Hope this helps.