Coolpad legacy major problems

Highlighted
Groupie

Coolpad legacy major problems

1) system UI freezes
2) won't save new or edited contacts.
3) call log won't updated or disappears completely.
4) no contacts when accessing through phone
5) camera can't take video with out phone freezing.

Absolutely unequivocally the most egregious experience.
See more topics labeled with:
64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Accomplice

Internal

SanDisk 32gb
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I've also been having issues with my Coolpad Legacy. For a couple of weeks now, the messaging (default google app) and calls/contacts will stop working and I will not receive any texts until I restart my phone. The whole time my data works fine. I didn't even realize until someone contacted me on Facebook freaking out because I was not responding to anyone's texts or calls. I've had my phone for about three or four months now and this is basically the first time I'm having any issues with it. I tried talking with a lady at the local boost store and she said I'd just have to buy a new phone. I can't afford that when I just barely paid $150 for this one! I'd appreciate any kind of help with this issue. I live in the middle of nowhere and rely on my phone for everything.

Highlighted
Agent

We understand your frustration, jomattto, & we apologize for the inconvenience! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Mine is using the SD card as internal.  It accepted that setting just fine.  

However, after 1-3 days without rebooting, it becomes extremely slow, and eventually almost completely unresponsive.  I've had it for four months, and it has behaved (misbehaved?) this way from day one.  Very annoying.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Why would you not restart your phone for days at a time? You do realize some apps are never closed "closed" right?

I restart every night before bed.

Here is a great article

https://www.rd.com/culture/restarting-your-phone/
Highlighted
Accomplice

I close apps regularly, using the first method shown here.

https://www.lifewire.com/close-apps-on-android-4164116

Highlighted
Accomplice

Still no good reason to run phone days at a time without a restart. Especially when the phone restarts in about 17 seconds.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I haven't been able to use the coolpad legacy long enough to see of i have those problems. One month and 3 sim cards later mobile data still comes in and out. Calls cut off msg not sent. Spotty internet. I'm about to take it to recycling kiosk
Highlighted
Groupie

I have had this phone for a week and I wasted my money!!! The phone restarts, I can't save important contacts. I need another replacement phone ASAP!