Coolpad legacy major problems

Highlighted
Groupie

Coolpad legacy major problems

1) system UI freezes
2) won't save new or edited contacts.
3) call log won't updated or disappears completely.
4) no contacts when accessing through phone
5) camera can't take video with out phone freezing.

Absolutely unequivocally the most egregious experience.
See more topics labeled with:
64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Groupie

I did what you suggested and it took almost 11 hours for it to check for firmware and after those 11 hours it was still not complete and reset NOTHING
Highlighted

We understand. Thank you for the information. In this case, this could be a software issue. We recommend to backup your contacts, files, pictures, etc. and try dialing a factory reset. A factory reset will erase everything on the phone and will also reset the software configuration fixing any errors. Please tell us if this is an option for you so we can tell you how to do it.

Highlighted

I am having the exact same problem. I am very pissed 😡. All the exact same issues. Boost nor Coolpood will refund me my money but offer to send the exact same crappy phone. Horrible phone, do not purchase.
Highlighted

Exactly. I refuse to pay 20 through insurance for the same crappy phone and I refuse to send the phone to Coolpad just to receive the same problem and go through this again. I threatened to leave and go to another carrier and still nothing. Very unconsiderate to not inform the purchaser of the recall. Everyone I know who has one has had the same problem. Then I just talked to a retailer at Boost and she said they are getting another shipment of Coolpads. Very horrible phone..
Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm having all the same issues I am beyond pissed about this phone. I only got it because I thought the camera was better than it is and for the storage. I have had nothing but problems since day 1 for the first week I couldn't make calls or texts or get online then after doing updates In can call and get on internet. But text messages can't go thru I have to shut the app down and restart to send a message . I've been with boost for 8 years and this is the worst phone I've ever purchased
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear that, @Camd42788. We definitely want to get this figured out for you. What error are you getting when trying to send text messages? Are you using the default Messaging app or a third-party one? Are you able to receive them? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I was using default message app then switched to third party app due to nothing sending. I want getting an error it was just sending for 3 hrs until finally I shut the app down and restarted it and it would say message not send tap to retry .then I would retry it would send that message and do the same thing for the very next message ..I would have to restart the app ten times to send ten messages
Highlighted
Accomplice

Phone freezes constantly. I can't save contacts I can't delete contacts I can't load a v card sent from other people for contacts .very dissatisfied
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. We suggest you try to clear the data and/or cache of the Messages app to see if that works. Please, know that this process will delete the messages and can't be recovered. Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > All > Messages.

How long have you had this phone?

Highlighted
Accomplice

2 months and I've don't that already to no avail .lost important messages for nothing . I won't do it again