Chat feature in Android Messages

Chat feature in Android Messages

Hey There

Up until today the chat feature in Android Messages has been working fine.  This morning it refused to connect, and when I tried to disable / reenable chat in messages, I now get a message saying that "Your operator does not currently support this feature".  Has Boost stopped supporting RCS messaging?

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Hello, @SachMc. Thanks for contacting us. Let's do some investigating. What's the make and model of your phone? Did you try to disable and re-enable the chat feature after receiving that message?

It's a Google Pixel 4XL. I have tried the troubleshooting in support.google.com/messages/answer/9363493 but am still getting a message that my carrier doesn't support chat. It has been working fine up until this morning. Currently the message I get when I try to enable chat again is "your operator does not support this feature".

Agent

@SachMc Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".