Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Can I upgrade to a Moto G4 Plus phone.

Go to solution
Highlighted

Can I upgrade to a Moto G4 Plus phone.

I want swap a new Moto G4 Plus phone with a Moto G 2 phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Can I upgrade to a Moto G4 Plus phone.

You can read this post, it will tell you which phones are currently available for use on Boost:

Sprint Phones on Boost

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

I'm wondering the same thing. My gf left Boost Mobile and went to Sprint just for this phone (unlocked) and I might do the same if I cannot get that phone on Boost.
Highlighted
Guru

You can read this post, it will tell you which phones are currently available for use on Boost:

Sprint Phones on Boost

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm extremely disappointed with the current list of supported Sprint phones. Most of them are junk relics from the past. The rest are already available in Boost for the most part. It seems like a no-brainer for Boost to get some better/newer mid range handsets. Very few people are going to pay $850 outright for a no-contract iPhone 6s plus on Boost. Better quality coverage and installment plans for pricey phones are what the major carriers are best at. Boost already has plenty of low end bottom-of-the-barrel phones. It needs to get affordable phones with attractive features made by reputable manufacturers. Sprint and others can hedge bets on folks wanting Samsung Galaxys and IPhones, but Boost can't because it makes little economic sensr to own those expensive phones outright, all at once, just to upgrade in a yr or 2. The phones like the Motorola Moto G4 are a MUST for Boost and similar carriers. I'm considering leaving Boost after 8 years of loyalty if they can't come out with better phones more frequently. Nobody wants more $50-$100 "smart"phones on Boost Mobile like the Union or Reach. We want more viable and affordable options like the J7, Prevail LTE (top seller when it came out for good reason) or the Stylo 2. The iPhones are good to have, but the SE and 5s make the most sense. The average Boost customer is not going to pay over $450 for a phone.
Highlighted
Groupie

I bought the Moto g4 on Amazon in an ongoing deal for Prime members.  Best Buy can't come close to the price,: Amazon, $179.99 for 32GB internal storage, Best Buy $199 for 16GB internal storage. 

The phone is unlocked and works on all major carriers. Boost is a Sprint subsidiary. I've been a Boost customer for more than six years, and even though other major carriers' MVNOs are offering some better deals, I don't want to move.

I'm terribly disappointed that I have to choose between Boost and an unlocked, affordable phone that works on all major carriers.  I know Boost's service is reliable, works just as well in Orlando as Detroit or Los Angeles, and comes with reachable customer service. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I'm with you...probably leaving boost..they won't activate my g4 plus..

Highlighted
Groupie

Why do boost frequencies match my Moto G4 plus...but nobody in support can figure out how to activate it..I've been with boos for years ..hate to say goodbye..
Highlighted
Agent

Not all phones are allowed into our BYOD program. This due to compatibility issues, among other undisclosed reasons.

EdwinRG

Groupie

I bought this phone because it was listed as a compatible phone on boostmobile.com. Someone dropped the ball on this one.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there @BrentSATX. Thanks for contacting us.  Have you tried to do it on the website? You just have to login with your phone number and PIN. Here's the link: https://goo.gl/BUFaKZ.