Alcatel Fling Flip Phone Stuck on Logo

Accomplice

Alcatel Fling Flip Phone Stuck on Logo

As of tonight, my Alcatel OneTouch Fling flip phone has just been stuck on the splash screen that pops up at start up. Every now and then, it flickers black, then comes back, but it's otherwise completely unresponsive. I can't even turn it off normally- the Power button doesn't do anything, I have to take the battery out to turn it off.

I've been looking all over the internet for help with this, and I'm really frustrated because I can't find anything that works for my specific phone. I've tried several fixes for other Alcatel OneTouch products, and none of them have worked so far. (Holding Power+Up Volume, Power and Down Volume, and Power and both at the same time; charging the phone, and trying the previous things; taking the battery out, waiting, and turning it on; taking the battery out, putting it on the charger, same as above; etc.)

I'm going to level with you, I'm not especially good with phones (hence why I have a flip phone in the first place) and half of the advice I've seen online reads like a manual for building a phone. I have no clue how to decipher any of the technical jargon, and frankly, I don't want to. If anyone can provide some helpful, easy-to-understand, instructions on how to fix this problem, that would be amazing.  

See more topics labeled with:
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Alcatel Fling Flip Phone Stuck on Logo

Don’t you fret, Jayfuror! We’ll get you all sorted out. Let’s check this thing out, Jayfuror! How long have you had this device for?

Accomplice

I've had it for about two months now, I think. The battery's older, since the battery that came with the phone was broken- I used the battery from my old Fling, which is about four years old, but still working alright, as far as I can tell.

Understood. Please contact Alcatel's warranty department to get a replacement on the battery 1-855-368-0829.

Accomplice

Is there any other solution I could try before calling to have the battery replaced?

You can try a different charger. Have you tried that?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yeah, I've tried all the ones that will plug into it. They all work, the phone just stays on the logo screen whether it's charging or not.

Understood. We recommend you to contact the warranty. 

Accomplice

Okay, so it seems like Alcatel's warranty policy is only for a year, and the phone I got the battery from is four years old, while the phone I'm using was bought refurbished, so I don't know if that has a warranty- I assume not, because when I emailed the seller about the battery, he gave me a partial refund to buy a new battery instead.

Could you send me a link to somewhere I could just buy a new battery? I can't find one online for my model of phone (I know the GoFlip battery isn't compatible, I've already tried that one and it doesn't fit.) And how positive are you that the battery is causing the issue, because I don't want to spend money on a new battery, then have to buy a new phone anyways.

Thanks for helping me work through this issue, by the way. Appreciated.
Agent

Hello, Jayfuror. Thanks for stopping by. Since you stated that the phone stays on the logo screen whether it's charging or not, it may be possible that the problem is with the device itself.

Before you purchase a battery, we recommend you perform a factory reset to see if the cellphone is able to pass the logo screen. Please, keep in mind that the factory reset will delete all personal information.

If you agree to try, please follow these steps:

1. Power off the phone.
2. Press and hold the # button and press the Power key at the same time.
3. On the screen, you will see "All data will be lost continue?"
4. Click Yes.
5. On the screen, you will see "Formatting flash, please wait..."
6. Wait until phone reboots.