question regarding SIM card theft

Go to solution

question regarding SIM card theft

Hello everyone. I'm new to the community, but have been a Boost Mobile customer for many years. A local television personality that regularly reports on scams has recently reported that SIM card information can now (somehow) be stolen and sent to the thief (somehow) without the card ever leaving your phone. Meanwhile, the thief gains all of your information, and your phone is rendered useless. Like I said, I have no explanation as to how any of this can happen. I'm more concerned, regarding how to prevent it from happening. Thanks, in advance, for helpful responses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: question regarding SIM card theft

Hi there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are glad to assist you. All you can do in this case is take care of your personal information. Also, do not leave your phone unattended (it works like credit card information theft) or with people you do not trust on. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Agent

Re: question regarding SIM card theft

Hi there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are glad to assist you. All you can do in this case is take care of your personal information. Also, do not leave your phone unattended (it works like credit card information theft) or with people you do not trust on. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25