Giving your PHONE NUMBER, PIN & or IMEI

Accomplice

Giving your PHONE NUMBER, PIN & or IMEI

Why is it that everytime someone has a problem you ask for their phone number and their pin / IMEI number when those problems could be solved without their information . I personally solved 2 people's problems on this site without any information from their side ..so why do you guys always ask for that? I understand in SOME cases sometimes to ask for that information but not every single time especially if they just want to find there IMEI number or something when all they would have to do is all Go to Settings > General > About.
Look for your device's serial number, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.......Personally I'm skeptical about giving my information especially when you guys ask for phone numbers and pins and that's all you guys need to hack people's accounts ..so just wondering thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Giving your PHONE NUMBER, PIN & or IMEI

Hey Fran, I get it and you're skepticism is healthy.  Agents here really want to get to the heart of the problem and fix it themselves as they come from on-phone Boost Customer Care.  The world of message boards is pretty new to them, so we're working to become better at providing generalized information and troubleshooting tips in public before offering to take a look in private, as you suggest.  There IS a lot of information we can provide without diving into the account itself.

We LOVE customers who help other customers.  Do it often enough and you'll become a Guru and THAT might even come with some rewards. In the meantime, if you join our Boost Customer Group, I'll put a badge on your profile Robot Happy

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Groupie

can you help me?? they won't unlock my iphone SE!
Agent

Hi there, thanks for contacting us. 

To unlock a cellphone, it has to be activated at least 12 months. It cannot be reported lost/stolen. If it complies with this requirements, you just have to get in contact with us over the phone or through text message with the phone number and PIN to confirm and proceed. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Every time I am asked for pin number I never give it,always wondered why they need it,because most of the time they really don't...most times I'll say,would you like my SS instead...