"No Subject" message for group chats and mms

Highlighted

"No Subject" message for group chats and mms

I switched from my LG Tribute to the LG Stylo 6, I'd like to disable this function. It's annoying that i can't toggle it off, especially with this being a newer phone. I chatted with an autobot on Boost Support, was told that i was next in line to be spoken with, just to wait 20 more minutes to be told that i was outside of business hours. Look, that isn't going to fly, out of respect to your consumers time waiting for help that isnt going to be received, let alone an issue I'm seeing a lot of others go through with no solutions except for finding our own way instead of getting a patch sent out. So please, update the bot so this doesnt happen to anyone else, and seriously help us find a solution to this. I shouldnt have to download a 3rd party app, taking up more space in my device. I use 4 big apps alone for my jobs, I should be able to use the core messaging app without having to deal with that if I could toggle it off on my older devices.
See more topics labeled with:
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. We definitely want to help. Do you have the Google Hangout apps on your phone? If that's the case we would like for you to please disable it for a moment and then make a test.

Highlighted

I dont have Hangouts on this device, this issue is with my Messages for the Phone itself. I spoke with someone earlier this morning and they claimed this is due to enhancements being made to the network. I find that hard to believe when this has been a floating issue for people over the last few years. Is this for sure the reason behind this?? Or do you guys need to figure out how to allow us to toggle off the setting in the Phone's stock Messaging app?
Highlighted

We understand. We asked about hangouts because an issue like the one you are experiencing with the default messaging app has been seen caused by this app before. Please send us a private message so we can look for additional information on your account and assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".