hotspot data speed/time of day

Accomplice

hotspot data speed/time of day

hello,

i'm curious if anyone else has noticed a DRASTIC difference in their hotspot data speed between day time (@7am) and night time (@9pm).

i've given up even trying to watch movies etc during the day...it's maddeningly slow and not even worth the frustration.  once night time rolls around, it speeds up and i can watch with some lag, but not too bad.  in the middle of the night...i can watch a movie in one tab, shop in another, email in a third, etc...no problem. 

i'm a night owl, for sure...but it would be awesome to utilize the 80/month service i pay for regardless of what time of day it is.  actually, i frequently restart halfway through the month because i burn through the data, so i end up paying even more. [i get that's on me Robot wink ]

speaking of the 80/month plan: i still can't find where it tells me how to utilize the Tidal Premium i'm supposed to get for the money.  and, as far as the "elite customer service rep" that supposedly comes with the plan...i haven't found any of them, either.  the last time i called customer service, i asked about it, and the guy had ZERO CLUE what i was even talking about.  what the heck?.?

from what i've seen, the amount of hotspot data you get for 80 bucks is the best deal available...but if you can only use it and night, and you can't use 2/3 of the advertised features...it's kinda about the principal of the thing. i.m.humble.o.

thanks for reading, and thanks, in advance, for any ACTUAL problem~solving assistance i may receive.

tFfF

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: hotspot data speed/time of day

Hi there! Thanks for detailed feedback. I'd be happy to assist you. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address so I can investigate. 

How much do u get for $80?
Agent

Hello @TeddyBear1970 Are you referring to the Single or Family plan?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

hello!  unlimited everything for the phone itself, and 50gb for the hotspot.  it's supposed to include Tidal Premium and "priority customer care"...but...i haven't been able to use either one, yet.

Accomplice

My data has been consistently going out at around 11:30 PM EST. I can't use my hotspot or my apps. It's a joke to pay for this service.

We are so sorry that happened, Mikee! Let’s check this thing out. Can you please send me a private message with your current address location, phone number and PIN number? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Accomplice

hmm...interesting...same issue, opposite~ish time of day.

yes, i agree.  i've been putting up with it just for the relatively high amount of hotspot data.  but, between that and my experience trying to order a new phone yesterday, i'm beyond over it.

just trying to , hopefully, warn some folks about ordering "glitches" omw out.  Robot wink

good luck!

Accomplice

well, in case any1 is actually looking., here's  the best they could do via those oh-so-special private messages w/boost folks:

"... this is caused due to traffic in the network. At the moment we can not offer a solution, as it can only be fixed by upgrading our towers. Our engineers are actively working on this, and the towers are constantly being upgraded throughout the country. However, due to the amount of towers that are being worked on, we can not provide a date as to when the upgrade would be done in your area. We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. "

HAAhahaha!

they'll prob remove this but i'm gonna post it elsewhere because it's so very entertaining.  Smiley LOL