You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network without turning data roaming on..

Highlighted
Not applicable

You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network without turning data roaming on..

So incredibly frustrating. Nothing has changed. I have not moved or changed phones. Now getting this error message. Tried to restart, carrier reset, airplane mode on and off. How do I solve this? I can see from the Community that has shown up before in threads over past years.

See more topics labeled with:
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network without turning data roami...

Hey there, @frustrated98! Really sorry to hear about this issue. So we can look into it, please provide us your address, including the zip code, via a private message. Thanks.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network without turning data roami...

I posted a message about lost data connectivity and you suggested I PM you.

My current address is 101 N. Merion, Bryn Mawr PA 19010.

I was told that there was work on a tower, but that was obviously a seemingly bogus response from Virgin designed to allay my frustration. Problem is ongoing. If you can help, great. Thanks.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network without turning data roaming

I am having the same problem. I recently got a Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve, and the option to turn on data roaming is greyed out. 

Highlighted
Agent

Re: You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network without turning data roaming

Hey there, @jphoenix! Thanks for reaching to us. We're really sorry to hear about this issue. Has this issue just started or has it always been like that?

Highlighted
Not applicable

It's hard to say, because I have only had this phone (a Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve) for about a week. It may or may not be the entire time I have had this phone. 

Agent

Have you checked on the Settings > Connections > Mobile networks? Also, try to go to the Settings > System Updates > Updates PRL.

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have tried both of those options. When I try to turn on Data Roaming, I do not have the option (it is greyed out). I also updated the PRL (twice), and it does not make a difference. 

Highlighted
Agent

So we can look further into it, please send us a private message with your number and PIN. Also, please tell if the network is set to CDMA only or LTE/CDMA.