Why do I have 3g and not LTE Yesterday everything was fine I had LTE and today all day I’ve had 3g

Go to solution
Accomplice

Why do I have 3g and not LTE Yesterday everything was fine I had LTE and today all day I’ve had 3g

Why do I have 3g and not LTE

Yesterday everything was fine I had LTE and today all day I’ve had 3g on full bars which I turn off my Samsung Galaxy s8 turn it on and it has LTE On full bars a a couple seconds and goes back to 3g why is this happening. I don’t know what to do to get LTE back. I also have $50 unlimited plan. This is absurd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Why do I have 3g and not LTE Yesterday everything was fine I had LTE and today all day I’ve had

Did you update your phone recently? If so, that's why the phone is acting up, as far as I could tell there is a bug on the update, but they won't admit it, instead they will tell you that it is your device and to contact Samsung. If you look at the other post at least 3 other people including my self what the same issue, and many more on the Sprint community also. I hope they would halt the update an fix the bug or bugs in it before releasing it again. If you haven't received the update and have this issue try to dial ##72786# to do a carrier reset or go in to safe mode (Turn the device off. Press and hold the Power key. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem) Do remember to back up before doing anything like this, hope this helps you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Why do I have 3g and not LTE Yesterday everything was fine I had LTE and today all day I’ve had

Did you update your phone recently? If so, that's why the phone is acting up, as far as I could tell there is a bug on the update, but they won't admit it, instead they will tell you that it is your device and to contact Samsung. If you look at the other post at least 3 other people including my self what the same issue, and many more on the Sprint community also. I hope they would halt the update an fix the bug or bugs in it before releasing it again. If you haven't received the update and have this issue try to dial ##72786# to do a carrier reset or go in to safe mode (Turn the device off. Press and hold the Power key. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem) Do remember to back up before doing anything like this, hope this helps you.

Accomplice

Thank you and yes it was after the update that I got no 4g
Agent

Hello, Marineerick15. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have received your private message and we will assist you there. 

Accomplice

Thank you and it all started happening after the update