Where did the 4G LTE go?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Where did the 4G LTE go?

Last night about 10 or after during the storm, I suddenly lost 4G coverage. Now I get less than 50% to 0% 3G coverage. I can drive about 5 miles away and get 4G back. So this is not a setting on my phone problem. When I come back home back to 3G or no coverage. I have had this phone and plan since April I think and have always had great 4G coverage at my home. That is the exact reason I switched to Boost. Can we find what is wrong with the network?
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, Freed22805! To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Highlighted
Accomplice

29335 - Lynch Rd/ Baggett Rd/ Evins Rd (roaming only) Walnut Grove rd/ Old Hills Bridge Rd.
All of these were LTE covered.
Highlighted

Hey there, Freed22805! Thank you for reaching out to us!  We’re aware our customers are experiencing difficulties with voice and data services. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. Your patience in the meantime is definitely appreciated.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you for the reply.
A few things:
- is there a timeline when the service is proposed to be repaired in this area?
- can Boost Mobile make a simpler way of reporting outages?
It took me almost a day to find this community page. Then multiple (and frustraiting) hours of trying to get past the captcha with low 3G or dropping service to register.
-I tried calling 611 but no options for outages only for phone problems, which I know this is not.
-I also called 8448178093 that is listed on the website, a recording says, "Youve reached a Boost Mobile toll free number that is no longer active." 3 things on that: from a marketing stand point a new/potential customer is not likely to write the number down and call. For current customers who are experiencing a problem, finding a non working customer service number will not help the person on the other end once they are connected. It only ups the frustration, irritaion and leads to a higher vent level of the customer. Mitigation should be the name of the game, change the website to the correct number. Someone should be regularly checking over all the posted data. These small things make a big difference and will help make customer happier, easier to communicate with, and lead to a better retention rate.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @Freed22805! Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, there's no estimated time of resolution available yet. We have requested an update on this for you. Also, thanks for the detailed feedback! We’ll be sure to pass it on. We’re always developing based on feedback from our customers.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have been calling customer service since Sunday (10-28-2018). I have told them several time we don't get 4g/LTE they keep telling they don't find nothing wrong. They transfer me to LG customer service. There's nothing wrong with my phone, if so 2 more phones went down all of a sudden. We had been working fine and Saturday night (10-27-2018) internet went to hell. Hope someone gets something fix or there will be 6 customers moving to another company that has internet that works...... Good day.....
Highlighted
Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, @KC0ZLE. Mind sending me a PM so I can investigate further?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Oh your customer service has, they say nothing is wrong. They don't see anything wrong with the towers or signal. We can go to the corner of our block north and south and in our apartment which is in the middle and no signal. I just think they I'm just saying to get free service, but I'm not. I just would like to have back 4g/LTE instead of just 3g.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I am still having a problem and only on 3G still. Any word on a solution? I have had to go to a competitor to get a hotspot for data. My service is up for renewal on the 17th. I really do not want to go to a competitor or even threaten to do so. This is not a threat, however the reality is, why should I pay for a service that I cant really use? Especially they way I could a little more than a week ago.
Please look into the service and when it will be fixed. I pray of you to please do this and do this quickly.