Very Slow Data speed and High Ping

Groupie

Very Slow Data speed and High Ping

I am currently pn the $80 ultimate unlimited plan which one should assume offers very fast connection speed. That’s sadly not the case, this slow data issue started occurring quite recently. Once October rolled around I started to notice very slow connection speed, it was taking forever to load videos or pages and when I would use my hotspot the ping wpuld be very high. I use my hotspot mainly for homework and gaming. When I began to experience issues I decided to test my data speed and it showed that my ping was over 500 and my upload/download speed was below 1mbps which is quite disappointing. I payed my bill a couple days ago and im beginning to have my doubts about boost. Please help for I need my internet for homework.
8 REPLIES 8
Accomplice

Re: Very Slow Data speed and High Ping

I have the same issue. it was a waste of money. i had poor service all month now my phone due. i thought boost was good. I guess not
Agent

So sorry to hear that, @Christina1. We definitely want to look into this for you. We'd like to check the network performance and search for outages that may be affecting your service. Can you please send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Accomplice

I wanna know y my service got interrupted. My phone aint due til nov 6th. I need my phone bk on asap. I never had so much trouble with a carrier.
Agent

Hi there Christina1. Thanks so much for this reaching out! Looking forward to figuring this out together. Can you please send me a Private Message with your phone and pin number? 

Highlighted

I've used Boost Mobile for approximately 4 years now and switched from $50 Unlimited to $80 "Ultimate Unlimited" (πŸ™„) I was told it would give me "Prioritized Data Service" for Live Streaming on YouTube and Twitch as well as Gaming. My Download/Upload Speeds have been around 0.54 MBps (ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!), but don't bother calling Customer Service/Technical Support, all they will tell you is there is a "Tower Issue in your Area we are currently working on". They said this in February... And March... And April... And May... You never speak to anyone besides somebody most likely overseas in India, they're "Fix" for your data is ##72786# -> Update PRL -> Update Profile... Newsflash, IT DOESN'T DO A F@#$&NG THING!!!! MY SPEEDS ARE ->SLOWER<- THEN I HAD WITH THE $50 PLAN!!!!.....I'm switching to another Carrier, and have been passing on this info to all my friends, family & honestly anyone else who uses Boost Mobile.... We are paying $80 for a virtually non existent service..... Enough is enough.....
Agent

Sorry to hear that, BrookeHanson99. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs? 

Jay Street / Kossuth Street, Utica NY 13501
Agent

We don't have any reported issues at that location. Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.