Unable to call landlines but can call other cell phones

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Unable to call landlines but can call other cell phones

All of a sudden today I am able to call others on their cell phones but cannot make a call to any landline in my county or neighboring counties . It rings three or four times and then I get a message that says “unable to connect at this time.” Has this happened to anyone else? What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Unable to call landlines but can call other cell phones

We're glad to hear that! Let us know if you require further assistance. 

9 REPLIES
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Definitely want to look into this for you. Which country are the landlines that you are trying to call from?

Accomplice

I’m in the United States (New York) and trying to call others in New York in my home county (Onondaga) and nearby counties (Oswego, Cayuga). Most numbers are within my same 315 area code.

Agent

You would need to purchase an international calling add-on to be able to call any number located outside of the United States. We recommend checking the number using our identifier online. You can access it clicking Here. The identifier will show you the price per call, and if one of our international calling plans includes the country it will show it as well. 

Accomplice

I’m in the US and calling others in US virtually down the street from my house. It’s not an international issue. I’m in New York. 

Agent

I see. Are you dialing the full 10 digit number (area code included)?

Accomplice

Yes. We have two boost mobile phones in this house and neither can call landlines using the 10 digit number. 

Agent

Please try adding a number one (1) at the beginning. Let us know if you are still unable to connect.

Accomplice

Seems to be working now.... wasn’t doing anything different an hour ago but now it works. 

Agent

We're glad to hear that! Let us know if you require further assistance.