Terrible experience

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Terrible experience

Boost Mobile itself as a service sucks!! The worst phone company ive ever dealt with as far as service and coverage. Issue after issue and charges to my account that no one can explain. Boost should give their 800 number a diiferent title because it sure isnt "customer service" . no help there, youll just wait on hold only to be told what CANT be done about whatever issue you have. Thought about switching carriers a few times but was told the issues would be worked out but obviusly helping customers is not what BOOST does so probably will be switching carriers in the very near future. Do your self a favor people BOOST is not worth it. Better to find a carrier that cares about the customer ALL month, not just when its time to post a payment.

I have spent more time on phone with customer service than my family or friends. Single mom paying 80$ bill to troubleshoot. They offered a $10.00 credit. LoL very disappointed in boost

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Terrible experience

We apologize for this experience, @Ashcosmo. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN?

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

9 REPLIES
Agent

Hello, @Ashcosmo. We hate that your experience with Boost hasn't been so great. We'd like the chance to make things better. Please give us more details about the issue that you've been having with our service, so that we can work on a solution for you. 

Accomplice

I have a family plan and both phones have been very slow. The internet would not refresh, it would take several days for text messages to come thru. My family would call and it would go straight to voicemail. I called customer service several times and they would have me try different troubleshooting techniques. The last call I made I was informed that it would be the last thing they knew to do. The rep told me that she would see what she could do about a credit on my bill and if she didn't call back that day it would be the next. She never returned my call and two days later my service was disconnected. A week before that happened i got an email telling me i had dropped a phone off of my family plan. Which i didn't do. So i called and the automated line confirmed the email. When i spoke with customer service they didn't know what was happening. After my phone was cut off i called customer service again and they offered a 10.00 credit. I refused that because of the amount of trouble we've had. Then i was transferred to several different departments and finally sent to a bilingual line like i pressed 2 for Spanish. So i called back And was told they could maybe lower it to 60.00 and i refused and told them i would look for service elsewhere. I'm a self employed hair dresser and a single mom i depend on our phones for client contact and my boys. It's sad that after all the trouble we've went thru with the service that boost would do right by their customers. This is a new number but I've been with boost for over 10 years. I have never had this problem and I'm truly discouraged. My service is still off and I'm currently looking for a new carrier.
Agent

We apologize for this experience, @Ashcosmo. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN?

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Groupie

I ported my number from MetroPcs who I thought was the worst prepaid company, and came back to Boost. The in store promo was port your number get the Stylo 3 free. Perfect for me since I planned switching anyway and that just happens to be my favorite phone. I was told the phone had been discontinued, but the phone I got instead was pretty comparable so I wasn't too disappointed. I paid all my fees, left the store excited to be back with Boost and I had a bigger better phone than before. A week or so into my service I hear my phone blowing up which isnt normal since I make sure I turn off notifications for pretty much everything bc I don't need to stop what I'm doing if it's a stupid email or something equally unimportant. I look at my phone and it said I had missed text notifications. I open my messaging app and there's about 20 copies of the same message. I thought it was a glitch with that person's phone so I ignored it. Then it kept happening and not just from the original phone number but other numbers who had different cell phone providers. I had other things going on personally and those issues were more important than my text issue until I realized that those repeated messages had been preventing new messages from coming through and I had gotten them hours sometimes days later. When
I received up to 50 copies of the same message over a 6 hour period and decided that I had had enough of ignoring it called customer service to fix it. After several online chats and hours of phone calls to troubleshoot my phone, it still isn't fixed. At their request I contacted the phone manufacturer to see if the issue was on their end and if it wasnt then Boost would replace my phone. I called Boost back with the manufacturers diagnosis that it was a server issue through Boost pushing the notifications through. I call the Boost back expecting to speak with the manager again and start the process of replacing my phone eliminating some of my stress. The representative that answered the phone would not transfer me to his manager/supervisor instead he wanted to know the nature of my issue. I explained to him the reason for my call and that he know what was wrong with my phone and was positive he could fix it. Since he knew something no one else at the company knew. He did his magic, said my phone was fixed and asked if there was anything else he could help with. Then a few hours later I hear the notifications coming from my phone. Yep...repeated messages. Finially i realize I wasn't going to have my issues fixed at Boost Mobile. The only thing left for me to do was deal with multiple messages or be out the money i used since I'd just paid my bill and switch to a new company. I call for my account number since that's what seems to scare them because usually that means their losing a customer. Yes I called intending to switch but hopeful they'd want to keep me as a customer by honoring what was said to me. Of course Im told a million times, I'm sorry for that, I'm sure it is frustrating. But all I can offer is more data and troubleshooting your phone once again. The reason she offered more data was because my plan started Friday and by Sunday I was already out of data. So I bought the $10 data pack after realizing that I couldn't upgrade my plan without paying the whole months service and the $35 I just paid would NOT go towards the new plan. But for my inconvenience she can do this for me, offer the $50 plan to me for $40 each month but it won't start til my next months service hence, the courtesy data. I'm not sure what I will do at this point but this has definitely made me question a company I loved and referred lots of friends and family to. I also need to mention that I was told the stores are not affiliated with Boost and Boost has no control over them, their promotions or their inventory. Just a little FYI.

After 15 yrs of loyalty to boost mobile and not getting anything compassion or loyalty back from boost mobile I have decided to switch my service to total wireless.I am willing to give them my service of loyalty and I know if an issues arrises they will be straight forward with me and not make excuses as to why the issue occurred like boost mobile does.I have 6 family members with boost and they too are going to switch carriers so those of you who stay with boost i wish you the best of luck in the coming future
Agent

Hey there, Johnny2018! We're concerned about your feedback. Please give us the opportunity to turn your experience into a positive one. What's going on? 

Groupie

I have had the most horrible experience with boost I have had to pay 3 months for absolutely no service and I bring this to boosts attention and get sarcaam and its sixkeming. I simply think I'll never use boost again and let my friens s know to not use them either
Accomplice

Yes they are concerned And will message you 500 times asking you the same questions over and over. Then they inform you they were not performing a tower update in your area and you basically paid 80.00 to talk to their customer service team. 😡 and i was assured that service was working properly so out of convenience because I'm a self employed hair stylist Ava my clients contact me thru my cell or messenger I paid for another month of service and I'm still having service and data issues. But hey 80.00 is easy to come by so who cares. Boost sure doesn't 😕
Accomplice

I agree I've been warning my family, friends and customers and I've been referring them for years. But the last few months have been awful.