Terrible Data Speed

Accomplice

Terrible Data Speed

First off, my Boost service has been getting steadily worse for the past couple years. However, for just the past two months, it's worse than ever. My data speed has slowed to a consistent crawl. Even at the beginning of my plan month, it's very slow. The highest speed I seem to hit anymore is about 1.5 mbps download, and on average it's slower than that. I used to at least have decent service until I reach the high speed cap and get de-prioritized, but now there is no difference all month. It's just very, very slow. I had to wait several minutes just to load this page to make this post. I live way out in the country, and I rely on my phone for internet access (I have the big hotspot/tether plan). If I can't get some kind of help here, I'm going to another provider. Oh and updating PRL and profile do nothing, so let's skip that stuff.

15 REPLIES 15
Accomplice

Re: Terrible Data Speed

I have had this problem for 2 months now and they have no solution. Everyone in my household has this problem and the only thing they can do is tell you to completely factory reset your device which won't even fix the problem. Boost Mobile won't even compensate you either because they say their is no outage.

Highlighted
Groupie

same here  flat rock michigan area  every one with boost and sprint  and trying to get ahold of somebody at boost is a joke they need to fix this  i pay for it i need my data  its been over a month it only worked 1 day this week

Agent

Hey there, @LeviS @bigred76 @Mikee!

So sorry to hear about the slow data connection. Please be aware that this could be due to many reasons. But it is always important to review the area to see if there are no active outages that may affect your internet access.

You can provide us your address via a private message so we can look into this. Thanks.

Groupie

international drive flat rock mi 48134

Groupie

Its everyone. Around here. With boost or spriny
Agent

Hello, @bigred76! We suggest you to send a private message with your personal info. You can click on my username to see the option to send a private message. Thanks.

Groupie

Please, somebody help! I work on a 911 ambulance & I use my phone data for everything from locating patients to looking up rare medications in an emergency. These horrible data speeds, even at “LTE” make my phone virtually USELESS!!!!! I can’t even private message an agent on here because my phone won’t work well enough to do it!!!! Im so frustrated!
Agent

Hi there Levis. We definitely would like to look into this. Please send us a private message with your street address. Victor21

Groupie

Howwwwww? I go to the agent’s profile page and then what? There is a badge or icon that looks like it would be a chat bubble or a notepad with a pencil. Where is the option to private message the agent?