Suddenly bad lte speeds

Highlighted
Accomplice

Suddenly bad lte speeds

My zip code is 24593 and normally my speeds aren't bad at all with me getting 25 mps to 30 mps down and 10 mps up. But this past week my speeds have plummeted to a sad 3 mbs down and not even 1 mbs up among with horrendous ping which makes me being able to do my job with my phone impossible.

Note I have done all basic troubleshooting fixes including updated profile and prl, turning my phone off for 5 mins, network reset and ##UPDATE#

See more topics labeled with:
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Agent

That’s no good at all. Sorry you’ve been experiencing this! Could you send us your zip code and any street intersection near you to check the coverage?  

Highlighted
Accomplice

Zip code is 24593
Street is Little Bear Lane
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there. Could you please tell us your device model and manufacturer?

Highlighted
Accomplice

My phone is the Motorola G6 Play
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for letting us know. Can you please go to the Settings > System Updates > Update Profile and PRL? Afterwards, let us know if you see any progress.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

I updated the profile and prl (again) to no change to upload speed, download speed or ping. I have also tried reseating the sim card to no improvement as well.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. Please provide us your number and PIN via a private message so we can further help you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Just a minor update, I decided to switch phones to a Moto E5 Play to rule out any phone issues and I am still getting slow speeds on both download and upload and high ping. The E5 Play also does the same thing where it starts on Band 26 but jumps to Band 25.

So I have ruled out phone and any app issues as being the cause of my suddenly bad speeds.

All I can do is just wait and hope whatever issues my network is having gets fixed soon.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Lm1337. I would like to check your area. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone, pin number and location.