Sudden Awful Unusable Speeds

Highlighted

Sudden Awful Unusable Speeds

Zipcode: 24593
Issue: Normally I get great speeds but since this morning my lte speeds are unstable and slow. Both band 25 and 26 suffer the same issues and band 25 likes to jump from 25 to 25².

1 other person I know near here has been having the same issues at the same time (they have an iPhone 7 and I have a LG G6 so that weeds out phone issues)
Things I've tried: Updating the PRL and Profile and a network reset because most people these days know about the basic dialer codes.

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: Sudden Awful Unusable Speeds

We understand your frustration, XxUnhappyxX, & we apologize for the inconvenience! We have not received reports of an outage for that area. Please send me a private message by clicking on my profile and selecting send this user a private message for further assistance on this matter. 

Enthusiast

I have had the same issue now for about a month. I’ve gone to my local boost mobile 3 times and I’m told just to make sure my phone is updated I just updated it yesterday and I’m still experiencing this issue
Agent

Hi @Becca731! Sorry to hear about the experience. Have you tried to perform a software update or have you tried to update the PRL or Profile via the settings? We’d like to help.

Enthusiast

I have only tried the software update in general settings
Agent

Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, and the address where you are experiencing this issue.

Zipcode still 24593 and have tried a factory reset with no change so that rules out phone issues, again.
Update: So my signal is now in the 100s dbm no matter where I am in Spout Spring and no matter the band after a big storm hit earlier in the day (it is 7:30pm typing this)

Before the storm while the service was still having issues my dbm wasn't that bad so that just points even more fingers at a tower/network problem.

Note, a tower doesn't have to have a complete outage to have issues that need fixing. When you have a kitchen fire, you don't wait for the fire to ingulf the house to get help, you get help when the issue is at hand.

If things don't improve in 2 weeks then I'm taking my money elsewhere to a company that cares (and has actual not outdated phone choices)
Accomplice

Hiya, I live in the spout spring area as well and can confirm signal and speed have gone to heck especially after the severe storm we got. I have given my account info before to multiple boost reps for those that want to confirm.

Hope this bad streak of bad service gets nipped in the bud soon.
Agent

We can clearly see how this is inconvenient for you. Please, accept our apologies. 

We’re going to pinpoint that address, so the technical team can be aware of your location and determine if there are any outages that haven't been reported yet. We'll be working to have the situation sorted out as soon as possible. 

Enthusiast

Sorry not as tech savvy as I once was. Which one is the private message option