That sounds like an outage in your area. See, when there's a network outage, updating your data profile will just disconnect your phone since the towers are unresponsive during that period of time. To investigate that further, please send us a private message with your current address and phone number.
We're at your service here.
Hey there, @jpocketz! We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know your nearest cross street address and zip code, alongside with your phone's brand and model. We'd like to take a deeper look at this situation!
Thanks, @jpocketz! According to our system, there's good coverage in that location. Please check if your mobile data and 4G are turned on. Here's how:
To check if mobile data is ON:
1.From the home screen, tap Apps.
2.Scroll to and tap Settings.
3.Tap Data usage.
◦To enable mobile data, tap the Mobile data switch to ON.
To enable 4G Connection
1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to and tap Mobile networks.
4. Tap Network mode.
5. Tap the preferred network mode. The available options may vary based on your carrier.
◦ CDMA: Access 3G data only
◦ LTE/CDMA: Automatically switch between 3G and faster 4G LTE networks
◦ Automatic: Automatically switch between all cellular networks while at home or roaming
Note: Automatic or LTE/CDMA are recommended. If the device is currently on Automatic, just switch it to LTE/CDMA and/or the other way around.
6. Tap OK to apply the new setting.
The device will restart.
7. The 4G connection setting is now changed