Stuck at low 3g or raoming

Highlighted
Accomplice

Stuck at low 3g or raoming

Since about 3:15 or so yesterday my phone was stuck on emergency calls only, after I updated profile on my phone it changed to 2 bars of 3g and shortly after that changed to roaming before that I used to have perfect 4g at my house and in my city
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Accomplice

If you read my comment you would see that my 4g is on and I have 4 bars. Even with 4g LTE and 4 bars I can't connect to anything. When I run a speed test I get an error that I'm not connected to the internet. Everything is as it should be on my phone.
Highlighted
Agent

Oh, I see, @jpocketz. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to better assist you. In order to do so, you just need to click on my name, then select the option that says "Send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

Did you ever get a solution to this? I have the same thing going on out here in central Pennsylvania.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @rpe! That doesn’t sound good at all. What's the make and model of your phone? Are you getting any specific error message? To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs?

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

Lgls775, LG Stylo 2. My mobile network state is disconnected. Which I don't understand at all. My address is 2903 Hesker Hill Road , cross streetis Nices Hollow Road, in Jersey Shore Pennsylvania 17740. I used to get an error message 67 now I'm not getting anything. It's simply not connecting and I have no bars at all. I was told that the towers up in my area were all updated. Boost Mobile swears I have good service, LG swears there's nothing wrong with the phone - getting frustrated!
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for that information. Please, follow the next steps:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
     - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
     - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted.)
3. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes.

After that, please go ahead and check your service. 

Groupie
Groupie

I completed the steps. That would be the 6th time I have done this with customer support in the last 3 or 4 days. I am getting the same error it says network error unable to connect.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. We will need to review your account. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further investigate. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

My phone went into roaming/1-2 bars of 3g about 4 weeks ago for like 3 days then it fixed it self and worked for about a week it then did it again took like a day or two to fix itself then worked for almost 3 weeks but now it's on roaming and its going on 3 days now I've updated the phone, the pro, the profile, called the ##72768# number and it still goes back to roaming normally I have very good signal at home and not being able to use the data is extremely annoying and when it finally does connect to 3g or low 4g there is an exclamation point next to it and it doesn't load anyhting my phone is the samsung galaxy s7 and i live in the zip code 75110
Highlighted
Agent

Hi,Dreger. We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.