Stuck at low 3g or raoming

Accomplice

Stuck at low 3g or raoming

Since about 3:15 or so yesterday my phone was stuck on emergency calls only, after I updated profile on my phone it changed to 2 bars of 3g and shortly after that changed to roaming before that I used to have perfect 4g at my house and in my city
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Dreger!

That sounds like an outage in your area. See, when there's a network outage, updating your data profile will just disconnect your phone since the towers are unresponsive during that period of time. To investigate that further, please send us a private message with your current address and phone number.

We're at your service here.

EdwinRG.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Phone service was fixed for about a week but now I'm stuck Im roaming again
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @Dreger. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs?

Highlighted
Accomplice

75110 my phone has been on roaming since about 3 and I drove through most of my city and it stayed on roaming so I would think it's my whole city, of there is something wrong with my phone.
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. What type of phone do you have?

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been stuck with little to no no data speed for a few days now. When I do have speed it's so slow that nothing will load. Dial up internet is faster than the service I've been getting. It's weird too because I always have 3-4 bars with LTE. I also haven't used more than a couple hundred mb of data on my unlimited plan during the last 27 days. I'm starting to think Boost just isn't worth it anymore. So many people with connection issues in my area. Lots posting on here too from all over the country with issues.
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @jpocketz! We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know your nearest cross street address and zip code, alongside with your phone's brand and model. We'd like to take a deeper look at this situation! 

Highlighted
Accomplice

nearest cross street is N. Michigan Ave. and Lawn St. Zip code is 60915. My phone is a Samsung galaxy J7 Perx. I just got it brand new last month.
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks, @jpocketz! According to our system, there's good coverage in that location. Please check if your mobile data and 4G are turned on. Here's how:

To check if mobile data is ON:

1.From the home screen, tap Apps.
2.Scroll to and tap Settings. 
3.Tap Data usage. 
◦To enable mobile data, tap the Mobile data switch to ON.

To enable 4G Connection

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to and tap Mobile networks.
4. Tap Network mode.
5. Tap the preferred network mode. The available options may vary based on your carrier.
◦ CDMA: Access 3G data only
◦ LTE/CDMA: Automatically switch between 3G and faster 4G LTE networks
◦ Automatic: Automatically switch between all cellular networks while at home or roaming

Note: Automatic or LTE/CDMA are recommended. If the device is currently on Automatic, just switch it to LTE/CDMA and/or the other way around.

6. Tap OK to apply the new setting.

The device will restart.

7. The 4G connection setting is now changed