Slowed data speed

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Slowed data speed

I have the $50 unlimited plan, why am I being told I've reached 85 percent of my data, remember I have unlimited plan, my data speeds slow down???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Slowed data speed -sometimes on the $50 plan after 23GBs

Hi @Nikkibaby552,

I too have the $50 unlimited GBs LTE plan and get those messages.  I did make a post a few months ago detailing how this affects me and how it can possibly affect all users of this plan as there is a clause that  reads users that ...."are on unlimited data plans, that use more than 23GB (to be adjusted periodically) of data during a single billing cycle will be de-prioritized for the remainder of that billing cycle as compared to other customers at times and places where the availability of network resources is constrained."

So, basically this means that once you use 23GB combined across all days, your speeds can/may be slowed, for the remaining days, until your next cycle begins. ('can' and 'may' implys 'dont always' and 'maybe not')  For me, in my town, after I use 23 GBs, for the rest of my cycle, some days (not all) I get slower than 'usual' speeds between 430PM&6PM.

Check out my other post for more in depth details here;

https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/Network-Coverage/What-is-quot-threshold-for-data-prioritization...

Really the 50 plan from Boost is the best value out there. It is really unlimited 4G LTE(even if it is not full 4g, sometimes, after you go over 23GB, it is still faster than 3G).

If more question do reply.

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Guru

Hi @Nikkibaby552,

I too have the $50 unlimited GBs LTE plan and get those messages.  I did make a post a few months ago detailing how this affects me and how it can possibly affect all users of this plan as there is a clause that  reads users that ...."are on unlimited data plans, that use more than 23GB (to be adjusted periodically) of data during a single billing cycle will be de-prioritized for the remainder of that billing cycle as compared to other customers at times and places where the availability of network resources is constrained."

So, basically this means that once you use 23GB combined across all days, your speeds can/may be slowed, for the remaining days, until your next cycle begins. ('can' and 'may' implys 'dont always' and 'maybe not')  For me, in my town, after I use 23 GBs, for the rest of my cycle, some days (not all) I get slower than 'usual' speeds between 430PM&6PM.

Check out my other post for more in depth details here;

https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/Network-Coverage/What-is-quot-threshold-for-data-prioritization...

Really the 50 plan from Boost is the best value out there. It is really unlimited 4G LTE(even if it is not full 4g, sometimes, after you go over 23GB, it is still faster than 3G).

If more question do reply.

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

Groupie

My speeds are throtteled at .10 MB. That's 100kb, about the speed of 2 56K modems lol. I have written to support and I hope they fix it. Because It does not matter what time I try, speed test show .10 MB at 4PM and 4AM and everything inbetween. It's like they just changed my speed to that until the new cycle.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I get thru half of my month and always get a text saying I used my max data..I'm at 1388 mb ..so sick of boost and their miscalculation of data used. Slow it down all u want ur not getting more money out of me..I'd change carriers but they all are greedy .
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Slowed data speed

I too have the 50 plan, but i never get more than 1.5 mbps and thats if i am lucky. I have talked to many people at boost and no one could tell me anything, I have tried the stupid updates turning auto updates off ect, nothing. I live in st.louis mo in a city so i dont get it???? I wish i never chose boost in the first place, nothing but bad things, slow data, dropped calls, after this month i will switch to Metro PCS, and i will tell everyone how bad boost is, sorry people if you can choose someone different than personally i would cause boost mobile sucks!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi @Jwj63645. We're sorry to know that you feel this way. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address. We'll do our best to help!

~Nosh_CxUx

Highlighted
Accomplice

There's mostly a catch to something and somewhere...Guess there is a limit to unlimited...
Highlighted

I have had Boost service for 3 1/2 months now and have nothing good to say about the service.  I have been on the phone for hours trying to resolve a dropped call issue in my own home. I have been told there are 5 towers in my area. When I do internet based calling i.e. messenger - no problems!  But WiFi of regular cell calls are never clear and always end in dropped calls. The most frustrating and lowest con I experienced is when Boost IT told me it must be the phone and I was to call Apple 90 day warranty program because I was still under warranty. I purchased the phone thru Boost. That same day, I tried for hours to get thru but my calls kept dropping in the middle of conversations with IT. I tried again the next day and got thru. The Service rep kept asking me what date do I want to put as the problem date for the warranty application. She said once I give her a date it can't be changed. I told her I've had continuous problems since the first day I got the phone, but did not know the exact day of purchase. So I picked the date I was calling.  She said OK, then I'm sorry you are rejected for warranty coverage because your warranty expired yesterday!!  I was SOOOO UPSET - I feel like she purposely tricked me!! I can't switch carriers unless I buy a new phone. The Boost phone is locked for a year I was told.  I will NEVER recommend Boost for anyone!  STAY Away! You get what you pay for, poor service and scam tricks.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ditto. I live in Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky area. Same experience yet got even worse when "upgraded" LG Stylo 2 (died) to LG Stylo 3. Bulk wear and no simple way to clear RAM adds to the problem I'm sure. Phone advertised as having 16 gigabytes of storage and 1.5 RAM. Before I disabled and deleted some useless apps (very few deleted as Boost/Sprint will not allow deletion. Even Spint app that clearly specifies "for Sprint post pay customers only" cannot be removed.) I found the phone had less than 6 Gigabytes of storage. This is when phone was new. LG Stylo 2 (about 9) had more storage left than LG Stylo 3. It's so time-consuming just to try to load a page as the data usually so slow and RAM gets used up in the process plus junk apps processing background. I'm fed up. So much wasted time. I read someone here bought and S8 device and still had same problems. Sorry to hear that (feel bad for that person/people and happy I didn't invest that much money. How much more time are we supposed to spend in an attempt to fix these problems.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes I have the same issue. It does say 23gb and possible slow down. I've been with boost since 2009 and always had the unlimited plans. There was always a high speed cap. They have gotten more strict as the years pass unfortunately but the price lowered $15 as well. What I don't like is at the moment I'm no where near that it's 330am and my speed is crawling. It doesn't happen often but they do turn the speed way down for no reason. I doubt there's that many people on this late that almost makes the system crash. Anyways this is my experience, which is a good one. Also 3x since I've had boost they paid my monthly bill doesn't seem like a lot but I don't no of any other service doing that it was between 2013-2014. Thanks for reading.