Slowed data speed

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Slowed data speed

I have the $50 unlimited plan, why am I being told I've reached 85 percent of my data, remember I have unlimited plan, my data speeds slow down???
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yah im having the same problem too 😞 slow data connection. and it keeps loosing connection 😞

Murphy Thao
Highlighted
Agent

We're deeply sorry to hear that, @murphythao1! How many Gbs have you used? Do you have our $50 unlimited plan? Bear in mind that, after 23GBs (if in our $50 unlimited plan), your date will be prioritized in places of network congestion. After this congestion period ends, your data is supposed to go back to its full capacity.

Highlighted
Groupie

Submit a complaint with the FCC and FTC Because Unlimited should be Unlimited and not throttle down that's what they advertise and that's what they should be giving their customers otherwise is false advertisement. If not they cannot use the word unlimited and then put a cap on your speed of data..
Highlighted

To put it nicely, all I really have to say is that Boost Mobile needs to get their act together. I have no idea how on God's green earth, I was able to go through a 30 GB hotspot plan in 10 hours??!!! I am beyond upset and I was on the phone yesterday with a customer service representative for an hour and 20 minutes. Not to mention that during the conversation, like what happens oftens, is that the phone was dropped. This is truly upsetting and I plan to go back to AT&T where I never experienced problems like this and I now know why they charge more.......because they are far and Beyond Boost Mobile in every aspect. Boost Mobile looks like a children's Lemonade Stand starting up. No one has an idea as to what is going on and the representative at the local store are Beyond rude and unprofessional. At least with AT&T you pay for what you get and more. I thought I was upset with them regarding a $30 charge that my son made, but I'll take that over the service and the quality of service I get with Boost Mobile. I have been lectured by the representative that that the 30 gigabytes of my Hotspot data has been used in ten hours because I streamed a movie that was in high definition. In any situation, just to let you know, I am by no means a dumb individual. I have two Master degrees where I learned a 4.0 in both of them. I have an undergraduate degree to where I graduated from a prominent University with a 3.98 GPA and I did that in a year and a half. I am just letting you know that you are not dealing with some moron that doesn't know what's going on. I'm not dumb. I know that the only thing that was used for the hotspot was my TV and I did not watch TV for 10 hours straight, As on Sundays I get ready for work the next day. I have plenty of things I have to do to prepare for my job on a Sunday, not just watch TV. This is very frustrating and If This Were AT&T, it would have been resolved already. I am going to let everyone that follows me on Facebook, all 12,500 people that follow me, know how horrible the service is with Boost Mobile because it is definitely true. This is a joke and I definitely do not recommend you to any individual, even my worst enemy, at any point in time. I hope y'all get your life together as a company and I wish you luck because I'm not going to be a part of this foolishness. Y'all are more than happy to take people's money but you won't be taking mine. I'm not dumb like I mentioned earlier, so I'll make the decision to end the relationship ASAP and I can't wait to hear back from the representative that lives in the Philippines that said that they will get back with me by the 72-hour Mark. All I can say is that it better be by the 72-hour Mark or I'm going to raise hell!! Also, I noticed someone mentioned the fact that their speed on their phone has dropped significantly, as has mine. I've had my phone for only 5 days and I'm regretting EVERY minute of it. How on God's green earth do they give you an unlimited data plan and you are slowed by Boost Mobile within a 5 day.?? This is so aggravating and I regret every day that I decided to get a phone from this ratchet, Shady, horrible business, or if that's what you want to call it... I called them a scam to my friends!!!!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello there, @gabrielhood1979. We hate that your experience with Boost Mobile hasn't been so great, please give us the opportunity to change it for you. We'd like to further investigate this for you so we can find a way to help you with this. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address? 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Actually you won't. You're just telling them something to get their hopes up. You say you don't include certain music steaming in your data calculations, but you do. When customers complain you do nothing about it.
Highlighted
Agent

We are so sorry you feel this way, @Wandat46. Unfortunately we do not support unlimited music streaming for all streaming platforms, but if there is something going on and we are able to determine the issue, we will definitely help you.

Highlighted
Groupie

That’s awful. I hope you have found service from another carrier. My issue is the throttle to Edge speeds, which are literally useless so I cant even run maps or check email after my initial 5 GB have been used. Your situation really puts a sour taste in my taste though and may be the straw that breaks the llamas back for me.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have the $60 plan and I've only used 18gigs, and I've been running speed checks every 30 minutes from 5pm to 9:30(so far). I haven't gotten one test back above 1.8mbps. that's not even 3g is it? What am I paying for if I'm getting throttled before my data cap is reached, and then getting throttled even more when I do reach my data cap to the point internet is completely unusable? So is that how it works? Until my data cap is reached my connection is slowed to 2g, and once my cap is reached it's slowed down further to 46kbps? That's not unlimited, and it's not even close to "high speed", much less 4g. So when exactly do I supposedly get 4g speeds? What, like a hour and a half after I pay my bill I get 3g speeds, then after that it's 2g or less, then after 2 weeks I magically used 35gigs and have to resort to carrier pigeon?
Hey here's a interesting question... How come I can go to work for a 12-hour shift, and have my phone shut off the whole time... And still use data? Seriously we're not allowed to have our phones on us. So for 12 hours my phone is locked in the car, and when I get off and turn my phone on... It says that I used data... While my phone was shut off... How's that work?
Highlighted

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday - Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends.

We definitely would like to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we can verify your account and the network status on the area. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".