Slow data/bad service

Highlighted
Promoter

Slow data/bad service

I have done all the basic troubleshooting steps, please don't ask me to redo them.

For the past week or so I have been experiencing significantly slower data speeds than normal, and no my data cap has not been hit. Everyone in my home who is using Boost Mobile (we are all on different plans) as had the same issue. The speeds are really spotty during the day and at night it is practically dial-up speeds if not slower. Every time I talk to someone about this they tell me they will send a technician out to check the tower and that is the end I hear of it. No return messages or calls, this leaves me to repeat the same process all over again. I feel like I am being scammed and strung along till I change providers.

I am paying $60 a month and I would really like my normal service back. I want my data to be usable and not slow down every night at a specific time.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

Highlighted
Promoter

"We’re aware of an outage impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon. We apologize for any inconvenience."

This is what I was told by the Boost Agent. They could not give me an estimated time of when it would be fixed. I am still getting interrupted service all day long. I will keep updating this thread with any info I find or receive via PM.

I am marking this as DAY 5 without reliable service as I have had not had any since the beginning of the week. Please help me.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Wow! My husband’s cell just started to have no service a couple of hours ago. Looks like I will be switching services. You get what you pay for.
Highlighted
Promoter

I am currently being effected and being told the tower is fine. I am so confused as to what the issue is and feel like I am getting different answers just to shut me up. Someone please help!

EDIT: Despite everyone in my home being affected by this issue I am being told to hard reset my phone. I really need someone who knows what they are doing to help me. I have 105 dBm and still cannot use my hotspot.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I agree! This sucks. I read someone else went 5 days with this supposed maintenance or tower bull. I had this xtra Boost SIM card laying around I switched it and I had all bars. However, because the SIM card is not activated it won’t reg the phone or activate it. I believe if you call boost and give them the SIM card # they can activate it for you but I’m going into a store instead.-later today What else can they say. I hope it works. I’ll let you know!
Highlighted
Accomplice

I had to pay about $10 but I got my xtra SIM card activated and the phone now works!! I suggest you purchase a new SIM card and call to get it activated or go in person like me. Good luck!!
Highlighted
Promoter

Day 6 without reliable service. Tested my download speed today and it was 46% slower than the average for my provider.

Help me, please.