Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Slow data, and no signal

Accomplice

Slow data, and no signal

So for the past month, my signal has been very poor and it's constantly losing and regaining signal its become very annoying after dealing with this for over a month and I would appreciate it if I could get some sort of help with this situation I'm having at the moment.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Slow data, and no signal

Hey there, Default! We're sorry to know that you're experiencing this issue. We'll be happy to assist you. When did this first start? How often does it happen? Are you getting a specific error message when the issue occurs? Also, what is the make and model of your phone?

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

The issue first started around the beginning of June at first I thought it was because I reach my 23gb limit but even after I made my payment the issue still occurred frequently, in a day the issue occurs like 6 or 7 times, an error message doesn't show up when the issue occurs, and I have a Samsung Galaxy J3.
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

N. pepper str and 93286

Highlighted
Agent

We have verified that at this location the network is working correctly. Let's get this thing worked out. Please follow these steps to reprogram the phone:

- Go to settings and make sure that the Wi-Fi is off and the Mobile data on.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Phone will turn off, then back on.
- Preparing Network will appear briefly at the top of the screen. Hands Free Activation displays.
- A confirmation message appears after the Hands Free activation is completed
- Checking for "PRL update” message appears.
- The device will reboot.
- The phone will check for firmware update. "No Firmware update is available" will display.

Hope this works for you. Let us know.

Highlighted
Groupie

I’m having the same issue that started some months ago. Data very slow and sometimes pages, pictures or videos won’t even load. My high speed data is definitely not depleted. I even got a new phone thinking that would help but nope. I know the service in my area is good because there are 4 other Boost Mobile phones in the house that work great (all but 1 are Samsung the other is iPhone 6)
My phone is an iPhone 7plus
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, PinkPoodle. We’d be glad to help you out with this.  To research further, please provide me with your closest cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs. Also, have you performed any troubleshooting? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Sadly the issue didn't seem to get resolved.
Highlighted
Agent

That's not good at all. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN for further assistance.