Service disabled?

Accomplice

Service disabled?

The primary phone on my family plan all of a sudden says service disabled. the mobile data option is grey and will not allow interaction or access to any options. we have tried restarting the phone and also the ##72786# option to reset the connection and nothing worked. i called customer service and they said there were 3 towers down in my area but the coverage map and every other place i look says there is no service issues in my area. the secondary phone on the account works fine and if the towers were down it wouldn't be. i noticed there are a lot of lg phones having this issue and the primary phone happens to be an LG X Charge. this issue needs to be fixed. we are quite upset that the bill gets paid and then the next day the phone just stops working. this issue is costing us a lot. the primary phone holder has a lot of money invested into an online game and now has no access to it. not being able to access the online game will result in the loss of progress and very likely it will have to be restarted. there is roughly $2000 invested into it and somewhere around 8 months of play that will all be lost. if something is not done we will be forced to switch to a more reliable service provider
21 REPLIES 21
Agent

Re: Service disabled?

Sorry to hear that. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs? 

Accomplice

95380. goldenstate and Berkeley
Agent

Thanks for the information. We've checked the area and our technicians are aware of an outage near Monte Vista Ave that is, unfortunately, impacting our customers. Please know that our team is investigating this issue and we hope to have it resolved soon.

We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Accomplice

im nowhere near monte vista. and the other phone is fine so it has to be something else. in the about phone area there is no information like phone number or anything.
Agent

Outages don't always affect all phones in the same way. This outages shows up when we look up the address you provided, meaning that the service in the area is being impacted by it. 

We can clearly see how this is inconvenient for you. Please, accept our apologies. 

Accomplice

is there a time frame that i should be expecting this to be fixed? customer service told me about 24 hours and it has alread been 24 hours.
Accomplice

ok now the phone got service back and then went right back to service disabled.
Agent

We’re looking into it & hope to get this fixed as soon as possible!

Accomplice

seriously this is a bunch of crap. I've been looking into your so called "towers down" issue here and nobody seems to be having this issue but the primary phone on my account. if the secondary phone has had no issues then there is a tower that is working fine. you guys need to force the primary phone to switch towers so it is working again or something. i just find it kind of suspicious that we paid our bill and then called and checked on doing the boostup! thing for the primary phone and they told us our service has been interrupted before so we don't qualify but we know we have never been interrupted. And then within hours the primary phone says service disabled and is now paid for but not usable. sounds more like the whole towers down thing is an excuse and a cop out for not providing the services we have already paid for. you now have 2 very unhappy customers and i assure you that if and when we switch to a different service provider we will be sure to inform everyone we know how terrible boost mobile and their customer service is and make sure that they all switch providers as well. this rediculous issue needs to be fixed now or i will be demanding major reimbursement for the damages caused as well as the lack of services provided.