S9 stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

S9 stuck on 3g

phone has been stuck on 3g for almost 2 months and is extremely slow please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Let's take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Please try the following: Make sure that you're connected to the internet be it via Wifi or mobile data, then go into Settings > System Updates > Check for and download any software updates available. Once it is installed, please turn Off your Wifi and dial the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to say yes. Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Groupie

Worked for 2 weeks and went back into 3g about 3 days ago and stuck again. Tried to reset my phone again twice and still didn't work. Not sure what to do now.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Please try the steps again from the beginning. It is an issue with a software update rolled out recently. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I did that but this time there was not an update since I had already done it so it was just the code dialed into the keypad. I can try it again but so far its still stuck.
Highlighted
Agent

Let's take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

Ok how do i go about private messaging you?
Highlighted
Agent

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Highlighted
Groupie

My S9 phone is doing the same thing and has been for several weeks along with a friend who has the same phone and my wife who has a galaxy S8 phone. I have tried resetting the profile, PRL and doing the ##72786#. I have reset the phone and checked for updates. I am 8 months from being able to have this paid. What else can I do or do I need to change carriers?

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, jamespinet. We're sorry for the issue with the phone. 

Let's refresh the connection and reprogram the phone. Please, send us a private message.