Boost Community is undergoing maintenance and is read-only. For assistance, please visit boostmobile.com/contact-us. To manage your account, go to your My Boost app.
Boost Community is undergoing maintenance and is read-only. For assistance, please visit boostmobile.com/contact-us. To manage your account, go to your My Boost app.

S9 NO LTE!!! Since Update!! WHAT'S GOING On

Accomplice

S9 NO LTE!!! Since Update!! WHAT'S GOING On

Okayyyyyy update on S9 has an Issue that apparently Doesn't want to be admitted. Is Samsung Issuing a package Patch to Solve the Issue... MY phone as well as many Others according to Reddit forums on the Sprint network are Stuck in 3G or less!! All I want is to know if its being addressed or I should just go to a New Service provider NOW?? Not going to do another Reset, another Sim card or any of that CRAP Just provide what is Known about the Issue or The lack of admission of and Issue and I'll draw my on Solution.. Ive been on Boost for 7years and the Hell of no LTE in today's technology has destroyed my ability to check security Cameras do Merchant Charge's or anything on a Network connection if it's only 3G.. Come on Update me and Others if you could admittedly state an Issue does exist.
16 REPLIES 16
Agent

Hey there @Takk1956 We apologize for the inconvenience. In order for us to take a further actions on this issue, would you please send a private message, so we can further assist you?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

I'm with you! My S9 has just decided to only connect to 3G since late July! I've done everything short of a factory reset. I've PM'd Boost, they did whatever it was they did...no change...said they were sending it up the line to network support.....no communication from 'network support. This is NOT a phone problem, this is either a software problem or Boost/Sprint/Dish Network problem. Please....please........get this fixed!!!!! Now!!!!
Agent

Hey there, @chris72671! Thanks for contacting us. If this started right after the software update, the issue must definitely be there. Did you try to contact Samsung to complete a downgrade? This might fix the issue for you. 

Accomplice

It was after the security patch for July. Many, many S9 users are having this issue - Sprint/Boost from what I can tell. So, I think it is a combination of things. I'm hearing rumors of a patch, i dunno. Just seems odd that is only affecting Boost customers.
Agent

We definitely understand your concern, @chris72671 If that's the case, you can either wait for the Samsung patch or just perform a downgrade. 

Accomplice

Well.. Boost Did a ticket of 72hrs and Samsung pro tech support seemed to not do anything other then tell ne to drive 50mins to the nearest Fixit center to have a frickorfrac look at it and say Yep it sure is stuck on 3G... This is just My own experience that I dont Suggest or Advise
So I have some theories on the issue after going to extreme lengths overnight. I personally think the TM deal is the cause with what
resulted in this glitch.. When my Phone reactivated and I made the test call that was PrePopulated for me.... that call was to TM and not Boost... My theories are that TM got what it needed as its priorities and the Sprint network muchless the lower Users on the sprint as a MVNO took the quantity control hit, that team that keeps it working appropriately is a skeleton group by now.. I sure don't recommend it.. But I did my own roleback and flashed a prior firmware to my phone. After some regrets of not any preparation of passwords or Last minute backups. But when you're at the point that you're phone is you're business and what business ya got left is getting screwed... you're not in a area that favors No Provider and No GSM and spotty Data. I worked my way back to the current update and my apps working, service connection and phone functionality being back did the latest Update and its only been about 8hrs ago I was getting LTE service in my normal areas... I will know as I
get to stronger service areas that it continues to work or maybe they fixed the problem either way I don't recommend doing what I did but I was prepared with my S7 to reactivate if I bricked but then when the prior refresh didn't work I decided I roll it back then come forward because it was still 3G after installing 2.0 back so nowhere to go but forward..
Accomplice

If you got the new security update from Samsung this morning (Aug 20) just dial ##72786# and you should be back on LTE
Accomplice

Worked for a few days...today, at some point its back to 3G....grrrrr
Agent

Sorry to hear that, @chris72671. Please, send us the nearest cross streets and zip code where this occurs to check the network performance.